- YC Yau & Co.
- Desa Pandan, Kuala Lumpur/ Jalan Kampar, Sentul, Kuala Lumpur
- MYR500 - MYR1,000 per month
- 16 Jan 2023
- 16 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Audit, Trainee accountant
- Accounting - Public practice
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Internship
- You will need to have a keen interest to learn about the accounting industry, have a desire to become an accountant in the future specializing in assurance, e.g. auditor, forensic investigator, or IPO/ M&A consultant.
- You should have a basic understanding of how to read financial statements and have working knowledge of how double entries work.
- You do not need to have strong knowledge on how an audit is carried out, on-the-job training will be provided, however you should have a genuine interest to learn about it.
- You will follow a senior colleague who will lead the engagement. They will provide instructions and directions on the procedure to carry out.
- You should expect to carry out procedures such as obtaining the right documents for the relevant accounts that you are checking, carry out task to verify transactions, highlight findings to the team based on the work done, document procedures carried out, and assist in amending reports.
- Your task will require the use of a computer, and you should have working knowledge of both Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- For foreigners, your internship placement should form part of your program structure, i.e., is a compulsory part of your course.
- You will get to work with experts who worked with the biggest names in the industry, including those who worked with the Big 4/ International Firms. You will be trained to have a strong foundation in carrying out assurance related procedures. You will get to work with warm and friendly colleagues which will guide you into the industry.
- You will be trained to have a strong foundation in carrying out assurance related procedures, and become a professional in the auditing industry.