Audit and Accounts Senior
- Michael Page
- St. Albans, Hertfordshire
- £35000 - £45000 per annum
- 16 Jan 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- JN -012023-5896307
- Robert Rollason
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
A highly regarded accountancy practice based in St Albans is seeking an Audit and Accounts Senior to join their team. You will have a mixed and varied role across both managing the delivery of audit, accounts and other wider ranging services. You will take on increasing responsibility and management of clients as you develop here, with excellent career progression prospects on offer.
Based in St Albans this leading accountancy practice is undergoing continued growth and planning for the firms ongoing future success and growth. Excellent career progression prospects are on offer here within a fast growing firm of chartered accountants. The firm offers hybrid working with good mix of home to office working on offer, flexible hours, highly competitive benefits and salary packages.
In this role Audit and Accounts Senior based in St Albans you will be:
- -Responsible for auditing of companies, solicitors, charities and schools including planning, and finalisation of jobs, in a wide range of sectors.
- -Present on-site for audits.
- -Supervision of the audit team on-site, which includes reviewing the work of juniors and assisting junior team members with technical accounting and audit questions.
- -Drafting recommendations to management following audit fieldwork completion.
- -Drafting of close out audit meeting agenda and points for discussion
- -Preparation of tax computations and Corporation Tax returns (CT600).
- -Preparation of statutory accounts of companies, and consolidated accounts of groups, partnerships and LLP`s together with Tax computations under FRS102 and IFRS requirements from client draft figures.
- -Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner and Director Levels.
- -Motivation and encouragement of team.
- -Promoting the interests of the firm with all employed by the firm, clients, prospective clients and other third parties.
- -Generally to provide a personal, professional, speedy and efficient service to the firm`s clients.
- -Any other special work as required e.g. company valuations, HMRC investigations & proposal pitches.
- -Working alongside current office management to assist and supervise junior team members.
The successful candidate for this audit and accounts senior based in St Albans will have/be:
- -Qualified to ACA or ACCA level with 3-4 years practice experience - Obtained 1st time passes
- -2:1 degree in any discipline.
- -Top 50 firm.
- -Must have completed 2 audits in the last year with a turnover of £20m+.
- -Technically competent, including solid experience and understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS, Auditing Standards and Corporate Tax.
- -Experience of Pro-audit, CCH Accounts Production, Xero accounting, Quickbooks and Alphatax, Office 365 would be desirable
- -High level of personal motivation.
- -Excellent communicator- able to get on with clients and your team
- -Willing to get involved and help clients.
- -Ability to organise and good motivator and encourager of team.
- -Personable and confident - clients should feel confident of their ability to relate to them.
- -Ability to multi task and prioritise work - time management.
- -Ability to meet deadlines.
Highly competitive salary and benefits on offer