Senior Audit Manager - Audit Services (Hybrid)
- Northern Trust
- London, UK
- 13 Jan 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Audit Services is offering an exceptional opportunity to showcase and expand your knowledge in Corporate Finance and Treasury Activities, including liquidity management and capital planning, and join a global team of experts whose common goal is to assess risks and protect the assets, reputation, and sustainability of Northern Trust. We are seeking an eager partner to join as a Senior Audit Manager with direct reporting responsibilities (i.e., direct line management of three to five staff) who will be responsible for audit engagements across liquidity risk management, prudential stress testing (e.g., ICAAP, ICARA, CCAR, liquidity), balance sheet management, and interest rate risk management. This position will report to a Director in Chicago, with direct reports located in London, and you will be expected to work closely with partners in Chicago, London, and Manila.
Through your leadership and collaboration with other team members, you will support the design and delivery of the audit plan, manage the end-to-end execution of audit engagements, and gain exposure to senior management across Northern Trust. Success is measured through your ability to develop the audit staff, provide subject matter expertise and guidance during audit engagements, manage the timeliness and quality delivery of assigned audits, and build relationships both internally in the Audit Services department and with key business stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage and deliver audit engagements and reports to the standards expected within agreed timelines and budgets
- Line management responsibility for a small team
- Coach and develop junior audit staff within the wider team
- Aid and drive the development of our audit plan and audit coverage of prudential risks
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Experience covering liquidity risk (e.g., stress testing, regulatory ratios and reporting), or capital planning (CCAR, ICAAP) in either the first, second, or third-line of defense
- Extensive experience within the banking/financial services sector, or similar public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree (e.g., Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics) is required
- Professional qualifications, including Accountancy qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIMA), Charted Financial Analyst, and/or Certified Internal Auditor designations, are preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills (e.g., ability to communicate both with junior staff and senior leaders, executive writing)
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a global audit team
- Line management experience is desirable
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.