EY Graduate Programme - Tax (Business Tax Compliance)
- Kota Kinabalu - MYS
- Not disclosed
- 13 Jan 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Tax, Trainee accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organisations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes.
Join our External Audit team and you will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements, timely and constructive discussion with management on accounting and reporting matters, and a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
As an Audit Assistant, you will work on various audit engagements in different industry sectors in which Ernst & Young is acknowledged as a market leader, specifically: financial services, energy and utilities, oil and gas, telecommunications, industrial products, automotive, retail and consumer products, real estate, etc. This includes
- Develop an understanding of the audit client’s business
- Interact with the clients in order to collect all the necessary data/information, set-up and maintain audit files, prepare leads, etc.
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of assurance engagements
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, audit client's engagement history, and planned audit approach
- Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the assurance team.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- At least an average distinction/ 2nd upper degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- Currently in your final year or a fresh graduate
- Individuals with post-graduate degrees and / or professional qualifications are encouraged to apply
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Do attach your CV, cover letter and academic transcripts when submitting your application.
- Shortlisted candidates can expect to perform a self-recorded video interview and an online assessment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.