Newly Qualified Audit Senior (ACA or ACCA)
- Menzies LLP
- Farnborough, Heathrow (Egham), Leatherhead, London, Solent, Woking
- Competitive salary plus great benefits
- 13 Jan 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
Are you an ambitious soon to be qualified audit professional or have you been qualified for some time and now looking for the next step in your Career.
We are hiring for newly qualified Audit Seniors in our Woking, London, Solent, Leatherhead, Heathrow and Farnborough offices.
We would consider Qualified or Part-Qualified candidates for this role, so if in doubt, please apply to discuss your level of experience further.
The purpose of this role is to play a key part of the audit team ensuring that audit planning, fieldwork and completion is performed to a sufficient standard, ultimately resulting in the ability for Menzies to sign audit reports.
Why join Menzies?
- We are a UK based recognised employer of choice with office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and South Wales (Cardiff).
- Join our family of 500 employees. Be a member and not just a number!
- We offer a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors
- Our package and benefits are very competitive
- Work life balance is part of our organisational culture,
- We believe in developing our staff throughout their career
Key Benefits we offer, but not limited to:
- Competitive base salary (we do yearly market research to ensure we offer a competitive salary to our employees and joining candidates)
- 33 days annual leave entitlement a year inc. bank holidays (31.5 days for Trainees)
- Annual buy and sell leave scheme
- Private Medical Cover available to all employees (trainees can opt in for a salary sacrifice)
- Private Pension Matching Scheme: if employee contributes 2.5-5%, we match it and add another 3% on top!
- Employee Referral Bonus up to £10,000 for a successful placement
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Dress for your day policy – you decide, not us!
- Life Assurance 4x your salary
- Group Income Protection – 75% of salary if long term sickness exceeds 6 months
- Agile Working is embedded in our culture: we understand that everyone works in different ways and need flexibility within their working day
- Learning and Development opportunities and Study Support throughout your Menzies career
- Career Coaching programme for Managers and above
- Better Place to Work Initiative: proactive benchmarking of the best DEI and wellbeing programmes to offer our employees and improve our employee experience
- CSR Programme: each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise funds and give back to the local community.
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees and their families. As well as being a support line for mental health counselling, it also offers practical financial, legal and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
- Paid sick leave – a generous scheme to help you when you are struggling with health issues
- Free flu jab, eyesight test and physical health checks
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Parental + Family Leave: We are a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 6 weeks, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility). We also have Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
- Volunteering Scheme with a maximum of 2.5 days given by the Firm to match 2.5 days devoted to qualifying schemes by the employee in any 12-month period.
- Season Ticket Loan
- Planning, execution and completion of audits reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of accounts, reports and other assignments as required.
- Co-ordinate planning with clients, including liaising with relevant departments within the firm.
- Communicating and building relationships with clients and related third parties.
- Leading on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Business development including promoting the firm and its services to the existing client base and prospects.
- Development and supervision of trainees.
- ACA / ACCA / CA exam-qualified accountant (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Recent experience in Audit and Assurance within an accountancy practice
- Experience of leading external audit assignments from planning to completion stages under International Standards on Auditing
- Experience of preparing accounts in accordance with UK GAAP
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with senior staff and clients
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite – Intermediate/Advanced user of Word and Excel.
- Motivated to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service across
- Sound knowledge of key risks applicable to specific audits and aware of own limitations and when to ask for assistance
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.