Accounting Associate II
- TMF Group
- Kuala Lumpur
- Competitive salary plus great benefits
- 13 Jan 2023
- 13 Feb 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations. Our core services can help companies of all sizes with HR and payroll,accounting and tax,corporate secretarial,international corporate structuring,fund administration and structured finance– whether a company wants to globalize, or whether they need support to streamline existing operations.
With operations in more than 80 countries, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs. Global reach, local knowledge: helping to do business seamlessly across borders.
- Perform in timely and accurate manner general accounting and reporting including processing journal entries, calculation of accruals, posting and process allocations.
- Assist in month closing by assuring all appropriate information is entered into system.
- Ensure proper reconciliation of reports and accounts
- Handle day-to-day Accounts Payable activities, like invoice processing, matching to purchase orders/members statements, confirming authorizations, checking VAT calculations and deductions, creating payment proposals, reversals and corrections of incorrectly posted invoices,
- Handle day-to-day Accounts Receivable activities, like issuing invoices, incoming payment allocation and matching,
- Create, maintain Vendor / Customer Master Records.
- Reconciling Accounts Payables/Receivables account(s) to the general ledger.
- Coordinate with client and internal stakeholders, via workflow tool/email to resolve the issues.
- Manage the generic mailboxes, responding to customers / vendors inquiries in a timely manner; support, follow-up escalations of identified issues,
- Comply with accounting standards, policies and procedures.
- Explore for continuous process improvements and share best practices across teams.
- Contribute to team metrics by achieving stated productivity and accuracy goals daily.
- Drive many continuous process improvements and share best practices across team.
- Support team lead in achieving performance objectives.
- University degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, Polish CPA, or equivalent), even if partly qualified, will be a big advantage.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in an international, or English-speaking environment, in one of these fields:
- or GL accounting/Record-to-Report,
- or AR/Order-to-Cash,
- or AP/Procure-to-Pay
- Experience in a multi-country, multiple legal entity environment will be an advantage.
- Experience in BPO/SSC/Centralized delivery model will be an advantage.
- Practical knowledge of accounting standards, GAAPs, IFRS will be an advantage.
- Microsoft Office literacy; working with Microsoft Dynamix or other ERP / F&A systems will be an advantage.
- Good English language skills (written and spoken)
- Proactiveness and engaged attitude.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new skills and to perform range of activities ranging from bookkeeping to advanced corporate reporting.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment, positive mindset in responding to challenges.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Continuous improvement mindset and process orientation and a solution oriented work approach.
- “Getting things done” and service oriented attitude combined with the ability to communicate and explain procedures and solution proposals to partners.
What’s in it for you?
- Our offices are easily accessible by public transportation (LRT & Monorail).
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
- We provide internal career opportunities so you can take your career further within TMF.
Applications close: 13 Jul 2023 Singapore Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.