Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager
- Haines Watts
- Farnborough, Hampshire
- 12 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Yagmur Colak
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager
It's not all about the numbers!
Traditionally accountancy has been all about numbers and commercial considerations; but not here at Haines Watts. We really strive to build lasting, valued relationships and to make a tangible and meaningful impact. It is our clients' success that drives us and we are proactively committed to helping our clients and colleagues achieve their business and life goals in a passionate and authentic way, as these are the key traits that underpin everything we do.
At the heart of our firm is our colleagues, which is why team engagement has become more important than ever before. We have achieved 1-Star recognition from Best Companies for this and we are also one of the Top 10 best accountancy firms to work for in the UK, investing heavily in colleague wellbeing and mindfulness. As the face of the workplace has shifted since the pandemic, we have adapted and challenged what the working environment looks like for our teams, creating an environment fit for the future.
We're committed to improving diversity and inclusion, not just in terms of background but also in terms of diversity of thought and skills. We are curious about how we can help shape the future of accountancy and advisory for the next generation which is why we decided to become a National Sponsor of the Reach Next Generation Summit, aligning our values with action.
What is the role?
As a qualified Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager working within our Farnborough office, you will be assisting the managers in the management and delivery of statutory audit (80%) and accounts preparation services (20%) for our Owner Managed Business Client portfolio with the below key tasks being carried out.
- Management and delivery of audit/accounts assignments
- Plan Audit assignments, including budgeting and use of analytical review
- Lead smaller audits and supervise, delegate and review work to juniors
- Display in depth client and industry knowledge and deliver information to client in timely manner
- Identifying cross selling opportunities
- Achievement of 100% chargeable time - within budget
- Monitor chargeability on a weekly basis
- Identify where there are shortfalls of work to cover chargeability and alert Managers
- Monitoring stock takes and bank letter process
- Communicate to management progress on workload and plan for efficient completion
- Complete AFF (Assignment Feedback Forms) where appropriate
What you will need to be;
- Be authentic in every situation and like to be connected to your team, clients and local communities
- Like to listen and understand, to show up every day with passion and to stand up for things that matter to you
- Be driven to succeed, take initiative and want results
As well as the above you will be ACA/ACCA nearly or fully qualified and have experience of planning and completing audits as well as using an analytical review process and having experience of accounts preparation, delegating and reviewing work of trainees within the team.
The Haines Watts Way:
Our collective aspirations are simple:
- We strive to build and develop valued relationships as a trusted business advisor to our clients and connections.
- We strive to show passion for our work in helping clients achieve their goals and using our initiative to help solve problems.
- But above all, we strive to be authentic and inclusive as part of our DNA.
What you get back from us;
- Competitive salary
- Study support package if applicable
- Internal mentor and buddy system to support your career journey
- Excellent personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- Structured development as well as on the job practical training
- Flexible benefits reward package
- Access to our agile working policy
- Working and learning directly from our Associate Partners and Partners
- Ability to progress all the way to the top!
If you are an authentic, passionate Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager who values relationships and wants to secure a role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm who offer great career prospects; we want to hear from you - find out more about Haines Watts at https://www.hwca.com/
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV's are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CV's that are submitted without instruction from Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of agency fees.