- BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre S/B
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits
- 11 Jan 2023
- 11 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF!
Objectives of the Position
The position holder is part of the Global Reporting & Analytics Controlling team focusing on a Service Cluster in APAC in the Service Hub of Global Business Services in Kuala Lumpur. Within this defined area the position holder takes full responsibility for the monthly/regular reporting, forecasting & budgeting and provides all required information to the Controlling Partner and the respective regional leadership team.
Functional Tasks (Inclusive but not limited):
- Reporting and Analytics
- Perform monthly reporting and comment on cost development of GB service units
- Monitoring and analysis of budget deviation
- Perform forecasting and annual budgeting of GB service unit cost
- Execution of detailed trend analysis and ad-hoc analysis of cost development
- Support & further development of reporting dashboards
- Liaising with Controlling Partners
- To support and collaborate with Controlling team members to deliver services within agreed service levels
- To support and collaborate across teams on continuous improvement of end to end business process areas, system and tools, when necessary
- To ensure services in accordance with the service level agreement by providing a timely and accurate service
- To monitor KPIs to ensure continues improvement in operations and service to business partners
- To ensure proper and consumable documentation of knowledge
- To ensure effective knowledge transfer & sharing as for a sustainable development of knowledge within the team
- To conduct regular virtual team meetings and individual meetings when required
- Assist Manager in assigned tasks
- Provide guidance and support to Controlling team members when needed
- Establish good interpersonal relationship by collaborating with Controlling members to identify improvement potentials, recommend and support in implementing
Projects / Others:
- Different project assignments in the area of Controlling
- To contribute and support team plan and objectives
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields and/or recognized professional accounting certification or any other equivalent qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA or MIA)
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Finance and/or Controlling and/or Management Accounting
- Experience in reputed multinational corporations will be an advantage
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Experience working with SAP BW applications, MS Office & SAP FI/CO will be an advantage
- Good knowledge and understanding of budgeting, planning, reporting processes, IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards), Controlling methods
- Proficiency in English required with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving thinking
- Initiative, pro-active, self-motivated
- Good communication skill
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €78.6 billion in 2021. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.