Fixed Asset Accounting Analyst ( Mandarin Speaker)
- Roche Services (Asia Pacific) Sdn Bhd
- Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Not disclosed
- 10 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Fund accountant, Tax
- Pharmaceutical / medical
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
- Execute the day-to-day Fixed Asset & Lease Accounting activities according to the highest standards of financial control, compliance and best practice.
- Ensure quality and accurate delivery of services within agreed key performance indicators (KPIs) and as defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and SOPs of the respective business sub-process.
Context and Responsibilities
Reports to: GAMA Manager
Key activities & Deliverables
- Responsible for fixed assets & lease accounting – creation, disposal, maintenance, transfer, depreciation run and reporting
- Co-ordinate and execute fixed assets & lease month end, quarter end and year end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with work instructions, IFRS16 and month end Financial Closing Checklist
- Perform capital project accounting for large-scale and large-cost investments. Manage and account for ongoing activities related to capital projects, including setting up new projects, recording project transactions, monitoring and tracking spending, closing and capitalizing projects, and measuring the financial returns on completed projects.
- Analyse fixed assets & lease entries to ensure accounting transactions are performed accurately, completely and compliant
- Preparation of accounting journals and ensure it is prepared accurately and posted timely
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation, highlight/rectify any anomalies encountered, including clearing of open items
- Support Period End Close team on the FINCO reporting to ensure packages accurately reported on time.
- Support internal and external audit matters by ensuring timely submission of required audit schedules and providing financial supporting documents and information to auditors
- Support tax matters by preparing tax schedules, providing financial supporting documents and information to tax consultant
- Other accounting and reporting tasks that are relevant to closing of the financial books
- Ensure service level agreements (SLA) and monthly performance and productivity KPIs are met
Documentation & Controlling
- Ensure all work documentation and work processes are updated and meet with Internal Control Financial Reporting (ICFR), group policies and guidelines, local statutory and legal requirements within agreed service timelines
- Perform back up function and other duties, including job rotation to other functional teams as and when required
- Participate in any compliance audits and respond to audit queries
- Transformation/ Continuous Improvement Implementations
- Work collaboratively with Country Chief Accountant and stakeholders
- Engage and support the teams in the implementation of continuous improvement project
- Proactively identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement opportunities in the areas of operation
- Assist to ensure effective knowledge transfer as for sustainable development knowledge and sharing of best practices within the team
- Other relevant tasks may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree or Diploma in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent.
- Good communication skill and able to communicate effectively in English.
- Minimum 1-3 years working experiences in the fixed asset & lease accounting or related field
- SAP knowledge or other ERP accounting systems and MS Office tools
- Proficiency in English and other language required with good communication skill, Chinese is mandatory for Mandarin speaking country support.
- Desirable qualifications
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be preferable
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The Roche Services & Solutions as well as People Support Solutions organisations located in Kuala Lumpur provide end-to-end business solutions for Finance, Procurement, IT, Communications, People & Culture (Human Resources) and beyond to our Roche colleagues across the APAC region. Today Roche employs altogether around 1100 employees in Malaysia.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.