Executive, Tax, Private Clients - Cheltenham
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 10 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Executive, Tax, Private Clients - Cheltenham
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
The Private Client team based in Cheltenham is one of the firms largest and provides tax compliance and advisory services to a diverse range of clients, including owner managed businesses, partners, trustees and high net worth individuals. We also work closely as part of a region with our Midlands office in Oldbury which enables us to provide a broad service with a depth of expertise, backed up by the wider firm (including our London office) as necessary.
Our people are fundamental to our business and success. Our expert teams of professional advisers and support staff are the key to a first class client service. Our supportive environment encourages responsibility, career development and future business leaders. Building careers is one of the ways we build our business.
- CTA qualification or near qualification is preferred.
- Experience in the professional and private client sector.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- A passion for client service.
- Display energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results.
- A keenness to further your own personal development and career goals.
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK’s capability to support our clients.
- Acting as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Delivering work to the highest quality.
- The ability to work well in a team, to understand others points of view and constructively take on board any points made, whilst at the same time suggesting possible ideas for consideration.
- The ability to gather relevant information, notice relationships between different pieces of information, reason from cause to effect and generate effective solutions to practical problems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing taxation relationship services with a portfolio of clients, helping them to comply with their taxation filing and payment obligations and working with them to manage their taxation affairs and deliver advisory solutions.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Management of the personal tax relationship of individuals, both employed and self-employed, on a diverse client portfolio.
- Managing and overseeing the personal tax compliance cycle (including tax computations, returns and payments) and liaison with the client and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Delegation of preparatory aspects of personal tax work to supervisors and assistants and review of their work.
- Liaison with other agents and third parties such as investment managers, stockbrokers and banks where necessary.
- Set up and run meetings with clients to discuss their tax affairs and future tax planning opportunities.
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs enquiries into tax returns on client portfolio and other clients as appropriate.
- Providing clients with ad hoc tax planning, proactively as well as reactively both in the UK and overseas.
- Be actively involved in the provision of advisory services to clients, including clients of other departments and offices.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 20 January 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.