Accounting and Advisory Partner
- Bishop Fleming
- Cheltenham, UK
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 10 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Accounting and Advisory Partner
We are looking for a motivated Partner to join our expanding Accounting and Advisory team in our new Cheltenham office.
We’ve just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings – and we’re the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to 500 people.
But we’re not stopping there. We’ve got ambitious plans to double the size of our business over the next few years. And having just expanded into the Cheltenham market we’re now seeking to grow our Accounting and Advisory team in line with our growth plans.
This position will enable you to play a significant role in the development of this service line across the Cheltenham and Gloucestershire markets and help us to achieve our ambitious growth strategy.
Leading an already strong team, you will promote best practice to deliver proactive relationship led advisory services to our corporate clients.
Within this role, you will be encouraged to identify potential improvements and contribute ideas that will not only help shape the future strategy of our Cheltenham and Gloucestershire Business Unit but also our Accounting and Advisory service line firmwide.
You will need to be a strategic thinker and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of developing new business opportunities through the leveraging of your network.
We are open to receiving applications from individuals currently working within industry who are keen to return to a practice environment.
Working closely with our Partners, you will look to grow the portfolio of clients and will seek to improve the overall client service delivery and experience.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Leading our Cheltenham team – this will include recruiting additional team members, coaching our people so that they can reach their potential and succession planning
- Building strong relationships with our owner-managed business clients and ensuring that we continue to offer a quality trusted advisor service
- Monitoring developments in the accounting marketplace to help retain competitiveness and efficiency of service provision
- Playing a pivotal role in Business Development activities and looking to build/retain a good network of local contacts to aid service line growth
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will need to be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) with experience of working within a business services environment
- A strong business developer who is keen to build contacts and network within the local business community
- A great people manager who enjoys developing and coaching their team
- Highly commercial with the drive to contribute towards Bishop Fleming’s growth
Please contact David Butler; Partner or Roger Pimblett; Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.