Accounts Assistant, Financial Reporting - Midlands
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 10 Jan 2023
- 08 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for an individual to join our Financial Reporting Team to provide efficient, reliable and proactive service to a growing client base. Our team is evolving and we are looking for an individual who we can develop and grow with us.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has experience in preparing statutory accounts;
- Is looking to develop their knowledge and experience with a wide range of client types;
- Is able to work within a team and communicate well;
- Has good attention to detail;
- Is able to work methodically and practically with each given task;
- Has a flexible and professional approach;
- Is able to work efficiently and accurately;
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Assisting in the preparing of statutory accounts and required disclosures under a range of reporting standards including:
- FRS102 Section1A
- Academies Accounts Direction
- Charities SORP
- Training will be provided for all standards;
- To help identify key areas of judgement, provisioning & Risk during your work;
- To develop an understanding the regulatory requirements of each reporting standard;
- Ensuring consistency and comparability of data and disclosures during your work;
- Any other ad-hoc support;
- On the job training will be provided where required.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 20 January 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.