MY - Tax Assistant / Semi Senior, Business Tax (Ipoh Office)
- Deloitte Malaysia
- Ipoh, MY
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 10 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Provide support to tax compliance advisory services for clients in various industries
- Compile and prepare tax returns as well as conduct the following tasks - compliance and reporting, tax management and risk, as well as control assessment
- Conduct research and consult with team members on various tax matters
- Work closely with clients and liaise with various government agencies e.g. Inland Revenue Board, Ministry of Finance and other government agencies
- Any other ad hoc matters where necessary
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates / Analysts / Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Possess minimum a Bachelor Degree in related disciplines such as Accounting/Commerce/Economics/Tax or Professional Qualification (CPA/ACCA/MIA/MICPA)
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Possess good organizational skills and able to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- A strong team player and willing to share responsibilities as a team
- Possess good working knowledge of Microsoft office
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.