Payments Assistant, Global Business Solutions
- Cheltenham, UK
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 10 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
About the role
Crowe’s growing Global Business Solutions department provides outsourced accounting and tax services to multinational companies. The Assistant will support more experienced members of the team in delivering timely services and solutions to clients.
- Predominantly assigned to the payroll teams but act as a support function for all teams
- Raising payments in banking platform as requested by teams
- Attention to detail required to ensure payments are raised accurately
Collating and issuing monthly invoices on behalf of the Manager/Partner.
- Attention to detail required to ensure the correct attachments are included in the e-mails
- Working with multiple teams in the invoicing process
- Monitoring the aged debts
- Following up with clients as required for overdue balances
- Working with the management teams to ensure overdue balances are communicated to clients
Accounts Payable Support
- Supporting the Global Business Solutions AP team with invoice processing
- Communicating questions raised with local affiliates
- Following up with management teams as needed for details on invoices received
- 1-2 years of relevant experience within a payments environment
- International experience would be an advantage
- Organised and able to deal with multiple deadlines and prioritise tasks appropriately
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to gain trust and develop relationships quickly
- Able to share knowledge within the team and carry out research as needed
- Awareness of risk, and ability to deliver high-quality documents
- IT skills - ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and accounting systems, such as SAGE, NetSuite etc.
- An interest in the big picture around what Global Business Solutions and the wider Firm can offer to our clients
- Attention to detail
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 17 January 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.