Tax Senior Manager
- London (Greater) (GB)
- £60,000 - £75,000 DOE
- 10 Jan 2023
- 10 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Finance director, Finance manager, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
Tax Senior Manager London
We're looking for a Tax Senior Manager to join our new Tax team. You will be responsible for leading tax solutions across our portfolio of clients predominantly in the London and South East region where we deliver our Smart Finance Function and Data Analytics services. You will also be responsible for identifying, developing and leading advisory propositions that support our clients' journey in our key sectors: Tech, SaaS and e-commerce.
With your technical tax experience, you will be instrumental to drive value-add opportunities, with free-reign of access to all clients across the business. You will also be responsible for the wider strategic support and business understanding of SMEs, whilst supporting CFOs in advisory and opportunity identification.
You will be responsible for providing a premium client service that is absolutely second to none. Just like your clients, you will also be an instrumental part of a growing business.
You will have responsibility for:
- Developing and leading the tax function with responsibility and accountability on all things tax.
- Growing the tax function with an advisory-first focus (as opposed to compliance-first).
- Own, manage and improve the existing tax compliance processes (owning and improving workflows and standard operating procedures).
- Review Corporation Tax computations (prepared by offshore team), and related statutory accounts disclosures.
- Identifying opportunities within our client portfolio alongside our Portfolio CFOs.
- Developing new tax related propositions for our tech, SaaS and e-commerce portfolio of clients.
- Preparing and reviewing R&D tax credit applications, calculations and submissions.
- Working independently to conduct research on technical topics.
- Holding client meetings with senior client staff and, where relevant, providing proactive insight on relevant tax matters and opportunities (not year-end focused).
- Managing other annual reporting requirements for clients e.g. Employment Related Securities Returns (ERS).
- Liaising with our Portfolio CFOs, providing support and raising hot topics with clients.
- Discussing broader client business issues, how to manage them and delivering one-off advisory solutions to our portfolio.
- Coaching FinOps team members.
- Dealing with tax enquiries and overall responsibility for technical tax queries.
- Liaising with the client and developing strong working relationships.
- Reporting internally and providing regular status updates on client deliverables.
- Supporting or driving propositions.
Dependent on experience:
- Other consulting projects based on experience and expertise.
- Preparation and review of personal tax computations and returns.
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for the role you must have:
- A tax qualification (CTA) or equivalent.
- At least 3 year of relevant post qualification experience in an accountancy practice.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of corporate tax and related compliance.
- Experience in managing multiple, and senior, stakeholders.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience working with SME fast-growth businesses.
- Experience in R&D applications and claims.
- Experience in UK Tax structuring.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- The ability to add value beyond the basics; to think laterally within our tech, SaaS and e-commerce sectors.
- The ability to think independently, research and bring value to clients and CFOs.
- The desire to progress and develop within flinder.
- The ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes.
- An approach that client satisfaction is absolutely second to none.
Experience of the following is desirable but not mandatory:
- Experience working with tech, SaaS and e-commerce businesses.
- Experience in international expansion and structuring.
- Knowledge and experience in personal tax.
- £60,000 – £75,000 (experience dependent).
- Discretionary performance related bonus (up to 5%).
- Pension contributions.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Private medical care.
- Fully paid strategy trip each year.
- Flexible working.
- Laptop available for business and personal use.
- Mobile phone or BYOD allowance.
You will predominantly be based in London and travel to client sites will be required at times. From time to time you may work from home depending on business and client needs. Your skills and experience will determine the entry level and progression within flinder will be dependent on performance.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full-time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.