Educational Content and Assessment Lead
- First Intuition
- Competitive plus benefits
- 09 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Contract type
- Experience level
- Newly qualified, Qualified accountant, Manager
Educational Content and Assessment Leads
First Intuition Limited Central Education Team
70% Part Time Contract.
We are looking for two ACA/CA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountants to join First Intuition Limited as part of a growing team. You’ll support level 4 and level 7 programmes for learners taking ACA, CIMA and ACCA professional exams including leading on content updates and assessment marking. The roles involve taking responsibility for the content on our online courses, producing written and recorded content, marking assessments and leading the marking team to ensure timeliness, consistency and quality in our marking. You will also answer learner queries and you’ll use your skills, experience and passion for education to support the growth of our Education Team.
First Intuition (FI) is a fast-growing premier provider of accountancy training and apprenticeships. FI has centres across the UK and therefore you will be joining a network with over 200 employees supporting over 7,000 students and apprentices. Business Education in the UK across all areas is a £4bn+ pa industry and growing annually and at FI we feel we can offer our clients a great personalised service coupled with high-quality education. We have further ambitions to widen our portfolio, regional influence and client base over the next 2-3 years.
This role is split between content creation and assessment marking. We are looking for people who will excel at delivering written and recorded content designed to enhance our pass rates. You must also be passionate about helping learners improve performance, which you will do by giving personal, and constructive comments on their assessments and through dealing with their queries appropriately. An attention to detail and ability to follow and develop process is essential. You must also be comfortable with managing and prioritising your own workload to tight, externally driven, deadlines. We don’t expect you to have dealt with content or assessment before, as full training will be given. What we want you to bring is a passion and understanding of what it takes for our learners to pass their professional exams.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
• Reviewing and updating our learning resources for syllabus, technical and other changes
• Taking responsibility for online courses in your subject area and recording lectures for those courses
• Liaising across the business with internal stakeholders to ensure our learning resources are fit for purpose
• Marking assessments and leading a team of markers in your subject area. Ensuring the assessments are for purpose and ensuring the timeliness, consistency and quality of marking feedback provided to learners across the marking team
• Supporting students in their learning by answering queries, providing timely feedback
• Attending conferences with Institutes to keep abreast of developments in your subject areas
Whilst your initial focus would be on your content delivery and assessment marking, we are keen for all members of our team to contribute towards the successful running of our business. This can take a variety of forms and we will always be open to hearing how you would like your career at First Intuition Ltd to progress
Qualifications and skills:
• Qualified to a level 7 standard or equivalent ACCA, CIMA. CA or ACA
• Effective at communicating technical detail through both the written word and recorded lectures
• Attention to detail, but with a pragmatism that ensures the timely production of learner resources
• A learner focussed approach to assessment marking, focussed on ensuring their improved performance
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• A positive and solution focused attitude to work
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
• Ability to manage own workload
• Ability to follow and develop process
• Computer literate
• Knowledge of the accountancy apprenticeship standards
• Experience in technical training
• Experience of working in the education/apprenticeships sector
• Experience of working in cross-functional project teams with a variety of commercial and educational staff Benefits • 30 days annual leave PLUS bank holidays (pro- rated for part time nature of role) • Remote working from within the UK, all necessary equipment provided • Flexible-working positive employer with a range of family-friendly policies • Competitive salary, flexible for the right person • Competitive Pension • Training and development opportunities • Long term career prospects in a growing company • Company bonus scheme
There are two roles available: one in accounting/financial reporting and the other in management accounting. We are a flexible employer and therefore will negotiate working days, although the requirements of the roles mean that there are distinct busy periods when full time work will be required.
Please note all potential employees are subject to a DBS Check to ensure our learners safety and this will be a mandatory requirement as part of final due diligence checks to the candidate offered the position.
Please note - candidates must currently have the right to live and work in the UK. It is a requirement that the role is performed from within the UK.