Personal Tax Manager
- Michael Page
- Gloucestershire, Cheltenham
- £45000 - £55000 per annum
- 09 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- JN -082022-5715561
- Callum Panton
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Manage a portfolio of clients including business owners, partnerships, sole traders and HNW individuals and their related companies or trusts, ensuring excellent client service. The role will be mixed, with both advisory work and responsibility for compliance.
The client is a leading mid tier firm based in Cheltenham providing business solutions nationally. They have multiple offices across Cheltenham and are the biggest most well regarded tax team in the area. They have a strong and social working culture as well as offering flexible working arrangements.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including business owners, partnerships, sole traders and HNW individuals and their related companies or trusts, ensuring excellent client service.
- The role will be mixed, with both advisory work and responsibility for compliance.
- Building and maintaining client relationships.
- Managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and a commercial approach.
- Reviewing of income and corporation tax computations, including liaising with specialists on technical matters.
- Managing and developing junior members of the team and offering a professional role model.
- Understanding technical matters and presenting them in a clear and practical way.
- Supporting partners on advisory projects and in the implementation of complex tax planning arrangements with a focus on taxes relating to the agricultural/landowner's sectors, which will include capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
- ACA/ACCA and/or ATT qualified. CTA desirable.
- Client driven and commercially aware.
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Team player with an enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work.
- Managerial experience is desirable but not essential.
- Competitive salary of £45,000 to £55,000
- 25 days annual leave
- Firm wide bonus scheme
- Hybrid working
- Strong social environment
- £10 a day expenses for parking
If this role is of interest please contact Callum Panton at Michael Page 07977092279.