Tax Manager (M/F)
- Michael Page Belgium
- Geneva, Genève
- 09 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- JN -012023-5888340
- Julien Triquet
- Job role
- Accountant, Finance manager, Financial accountant, Head of finance, Tax
- Healthcare, Pharmaceutical / medical
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
In this role you play a key part in the integration of tax compliance, tax accounting and financial systems within a large multinational business.
Our client is a global leader in its sector, with headquarters in Geneva.
In order to strengthen its group tax team, we are looking for a Tax Manager to join the team who brings energy, drive, enthusiasm, and a passion for making a difference within a large and successful organisation.
Reporting to the Group Tax Director and working closely with other members of the Tax and Finance teams both at HQ and in the countries in which the group operates, you will have a critical role in ensuring the company is best placed to harness the power of technology and data to efficiently and effectively comply with the increasingly complex demands from taxing authorities across the world.
You will be a critical enabler in taking the tax function to the next level of efficiency, implementing best practice procedures, and facilitating the transformation process of the tax function.
- Responsible for partnering with the finance function to ensure that tax is accurately recorded within the financial records and that there is a seamless flow of information from financial systems into tax systems, and vice versa where required
- Establishment and monitoring of relevant internal controls for tax across the business
- Tax lead for the ongoing ERP implementation working closely with the HQ and local teams to ensure that the tax capabilities of the tool are maximised and that Tax is a key stakeholder in this important transformation program
- Tax accounting and reporting: working hand in hand with the finance team to ensure that tax accounting disclosures are clear, accurate, GAAP compliant and prepared efficiently
- Key partner in ensuring the Group is in a position to comply with the forthcoming BEPS Pillar 2 requirements. Harnessing the information available within the finance systems and building a robust and efficient data flow
- CBCR reporting lead, extracting data from finance systems and ensuring this ongoing compliance requirement is closely aligned to other initiatives for example Pillar 2
- Operational transfer pricing: ensuring systems and processes are fit for purpose. Partnering with the finance team to execute intragroup recharges. Responsible for ensuring necessary documentation is in place to support intragroup recharges for example contracts and invoices.
- Be instrumental in driving the roll out of a global tax management system working with our chosen preferred supplier to improve the control and visibility over tax within the business
- Build relationships with the country teams, helping to guide their approach to tax compliance, reporting and tax management
- Tax qualified with at least 6 years' experience of working within the tax environment
- Previous experience in practice, working for a reputable accounting and tax firm, or experience of working in house in a corporate environment
- Extensive experience of the interface between Tax and finance systems, with a passion for maximising the potential of technology within a tax function
- Direct experience of a systems implementation project would be ideal
- Strong tax accounting skills, and be up to date with latest tax accounting standards (IFRS)
- Familiar with current trends in taxation, for example the BEPS agenda
- Experience of other taxes, including VAT would be useful
- Fluent in English, other language skills are very useful especially French, Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Comfortable in moving between the big picture and the detail of implementation. Happy to roll your sleeves up and drive implementation of projects whilst understanding the bigger picture
- Ability to work independently and to motivate yourself and manage your own time and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to build relationships both in person and remotely
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Highly dynamic and pleasant environment
- Varied and flexible role, evolving as the tax function matures
- Competitive package including bonus