Business Recovery Graduate programme (ASAP START)
- Menzies LLP
- Cardiff, UK
- Competitive salary plus great benefits
- 09 Jan 2023
- 01 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Apprenticeship
We are looking for two talented graduates to join our Business Recovery team, based from our central Cardiff office. One graduate will join our Investigations Accounting team and the second graduate will form part of our Insolvency Case team, where you will be involved in a number of personal and corporate client insolvencies.
The ACCA Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 5 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the trainee programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
Insolvency Case Graduate:
- Liaising with directors and bankrupts to gain key information and an understanding of each specific case
- Communicating with key stakeholders, including: bankrupts, directors, shareholders and employees
- Preparation of Statutory Reports
- Taking responsibility for your own portfolio of cases with appropriate management.
- Provide support and assistance to other team members when required
- To carry out investigations
- Be familiar with all Microsoft programmes including outlook and eventually become fluent with bespoke software systems
Investigations Accounting Graduate:
- Reviewing records and other sources of information to identify key facts
- Analysing accounts and financial records
- Liaising with others including lawyers, and other external professionals
- Reporting findings to Insolvency Practitioners and case teams
- Assisting with ad hoc queries within the team and sharing expertise
- Delegating work as appropriate
You will have:
- Minimum of a 2:2 undergraduate degree in either a Business, Finance, Scientific, Law, Engineering or Mathematics discipline.
- Minimum 2 x A levels (A-C) and one other A level or equivalent
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent.
- A Passion for working with people
- Strong at networking & relationship building skills
- Existing/recent entry level work experience in the accounting profession would be ideal
All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also the quality of your CV and Covering Letter!
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware that we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. Please do not contact individual hiring managers.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.