Intern - Forensic & Integrity Services (Fraud & Investigation / Disputes), (Summer 2023)
- Not disclosed
- 09 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Audit, Compliance/risk, Forensic accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Internship
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunities: your next adventure awaitsJoin Forensic & Integrity Services within Assurance and you will help clients work through complex issues of fraud, employee or third party misconduct, regulatory compliance and business disputes. You will be part of a multidisciplinary, culturally aligned team that works with clients and their legal advisors.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- Perform fraud and other forensic accounting investigation, support expert witness services, and conduct financial and economic analyses
- Advise clients on ways to detect and prevent fraud
- Work effectively as a team member by sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on your progress
- Anticipate and identify risks and inform senior members of the team about significant issues.
- Perform daily fieldwork, prepare working papers, schedules and reports that will be delivered to our clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and other parties
- Stay informed of business/economic developments and their impact on the client
- Work with clients, fraud examiners, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sometimes sensitive and adversarial situations
- Work with our forensic technology team to leverage on toolsets and products in the computer forensic realm to deliver forensic technology solutions
- Be involved in project activities including data collection and assessment
To qualify for the role you must have the following skills and attributes
- A strong academic record including a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Strong technical skills in accounting and internal controls
- Ability to work in an independent environment as well as part of a team in day-to-day project activities
- Result-oriented with an ability to interpret facts/figures and summarize findings
- Report writing skills to convey factual findings in a well-structured report
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Creativeness and ability to think outside-the-box
- Professional, analytical and logical, and with a high level of organizational ability and an attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Full detailed resume
- Latest university transcript
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.