Early Career Accounting/Finance - Chicago
- Northern Trust
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- 09 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
About Northern Trust:
Working with Us:As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.This posting includes early career opportunities at Northern Trust in the Finance and Accounting fields in Chicago, and are ideal for those who recently graduated.
Northern Trust offers entry level finance and accounting opportunities across a variety of departments including Corporate Finance and Audit as well as our Asset Servicing function that provide services to investment firms, private equity and hedge funds.
With a wide variety of opportunities available there are many ways to use your finance and accounting knowledge, apply it, and grow your career at Northern Trust.
- Calculate and deliver net asset values for various fund products, including mutual funds, private equity, partnerships, hedge funds, fund of funds, and collective trusts.
- Provide performance data for fund manager portfolios.
- Audit investment reports, cash statements, and other reporting.
- Verify report schedules, ensuring that reports sent to clients are accurate and mailed within scheduled time frames.
- Apply accounting and finance principles to numerous asset types.
- Analyze financial statements or expense allocations to assess and interpret complex financial information.
- Work within a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree completed in Finance, Accounting, or other relevant areas of study, with 0-1 years of experience post-graduation, preferred.
- Proficient user of Excel.
- Analytical skills are required to research and resolve inquiries/data.
- Proactive approach to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Applicants must not now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status to work in the United States.
- Candidates should be analytically and technically sound with knowledge of financial markets and some knowledge of investment management operations.
At Northern Trust, we place a huge value on “fit” – our clients, the services we provide, the technology we create, and most importantly, the people we hire.As an applicant to an Early Career role, we want to get to know you - what you value, how you solve problems, what you aspire to, and whether we’re a good “fit” for your skills and career goals. To help us understand your “fit” for a role with us we ask you to complete a few stages:
Stage 1 – Online Application
- Click on Apply for Job and complete your online application where we ask you for personal information, academic history and check your eligibility.
- If you are selected to move forward in the process for the role you have applied to, you will then be invited to participate in interview(s) where we will ask you some competency/behavioral based questions and give you an opportunity to ask us some questions.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at email@example.com.
- Campus: Early Career
- Campus Cycle: 2021-22
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.