Manager, Financial Reporting, Alternatives - Hybrid
- Northern Trust
- Limerick, Munster, Ireland/Hybrid
- 09 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Alternatives Financial Reporting Ireland team supports all of our Private Equity, Real Estate and Infrastructure, and Hedge Fund Services clients Financial Reporting needs. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new department set up to service all Alternatives clients under one team, and will offer exposure to the three previously separate areas in Alternatives.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic leader in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical accounting background with experience working within the Financial Services industry. The successful candidate will have a proven track record building financial reporting teams with a strong interest in process optimisation/refinement.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Deliver high quality service to customers by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of financial statements and related disclosures for funds on a quarterly, semi-annual and/or annual basis
- Liaison with external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Preparation of regulatory returns where applicable, including Central Bank returns.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Ensuring other Tax compliance deadlines are met in relation to the Funds under administration.
- Work with onshore and offshore shared services teams to ensure timely follow up and completion of audit requests and queries.
- Collaborate with other team members to build scalable financial reporting operations model.
- Management of other team members. Delegation, oversight and review of work assigned.
- Attendance at clients board meetings to present year-end financial statements.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Accounting experience within the Investment Industry is a distinct advantage, financial reporting background an advantage.
- An appreciation of accounting principles is essential, qualified accountant or part qualified and interested in completing their qualification advantageous.
- Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all processes, which may have an impact on efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Yardi and/or Investran advantageous.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.