- KPMG in Malta
- Pieta, Malta
- 09 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified
About KPMG in Malta
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients’ clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do, shared by all our firms in 145 countries. KPMG is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
The Role; Exciting opportunity in Insurance!
We are currently looking for a Part-Qualified Actuary to join our Risk Consulting team at KPMG.
Roles & Responsibilities
The selected candidate will be involved in the following areas:
- Actuarial function holder engagements (Solvency II) for a pool of non-life insurance clients;
- Capital management and optimisation engagements;
- Internal audit support on Actuarial functions;
- External audit assist on IFRS technical provisions;
- External audit assist on Solvency and Financial Condition Report (Solvency II) audits;
- Actuarial assistance with the implementation of IFRS 17;
- Actuarial assistance in Finance Transformation projects;
- Actuarial assistance in Due Diligence engagements;
- Four-eye reviews for actuarial engagements;
- Actuarial engagements across the KPMG network, as applicable;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both new and existing clients as well as within KPMG;
- Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership through written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences;
- Must be able to produce deliverables to a high standard of quality.
The Right Fit
- Part-Qualified Actuary or steadily progressing with actuarial examinations;
- Minimum of 2 years of practical experience within the non-life insurance industry, particularly in the areas of reserving and capital modelling;
- Strong technical and communication skills, both written and oral;
- Excellent coordination skills and an ability to work alongside other team members;
- The capability to work on concurrent engagements;
- The ability to develop productive relationships with clients;
- Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups.
Should the above vacancy interest you, please visit our website via the apply button below to submit your application.