Indirect Tax (VAT) - GCR Assistant
- Msida, MT, MSD
- Competitive remuneration package
- 09 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We provide specialist tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
We focus on supporting our clients in managing their compliance and reporting requirements, centrally and locally, and delivering on their transformation agendas. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
Our indirect tax compliance professionals support large multinational clients with their indirect tax obligations globally. Dealing with the indirect tax compliance requirements is the heart of the operations but this goes hand in hand with VAT advisory and technology support which we provide or coordinate with our specialist teams. We apply a client centric approach meaning that our professionals are organized per client, and not per country or region, to maximize the knowledge of our client’s business.
With our breadth of service offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
Join our fast-growing Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team as an Assistant in (Malta) and you will have the opportunity to work on EY’s largest multi-country client engagements.
Your key responsibilities
You will be working a selection of clients where you are the assistant VAT controller for the VAT/GST compliance outsourced to EY, including:
- Act as central point of contact – liaise with your international clients and colleagues with respect to European VAT and VAT compliance
- Monitoring the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of your clients
- Prepare/Review indirect tax returns
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
- Identify issues and opportunities to continuously improve the VAT compliance processes
- Actively participate to the training and coaching session in your development plan to ensure continuous development of your technical knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
- Innovative & problem resolution focus with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with project management capabilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team
- A desire to learn and develop into the role
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or ACCA or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of other compliance activities such as statutory accounting and corporate tax compliance.
- Basic understanding of IT-systems and VAT/GST reporting solutions
- Fluency in English – written and spoken.
- Excellent communication skills.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.