Global Custody, Senior Associate (Hybrid Role)
- State Street.
- Quincy, Massachusetts/Hybrid
- Not disclosed
- 06 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
As an Operation specialist in Quincy Massachusetts, you will oversee the daily governance and oversight of personnel responsible for the timely settlement of client trade activity. You will have an opportunity to collaborate with Unit management in the transformation of an existing business line within State Street. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can enhance your career, grow while making an impact.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street’s Global Process Delivery. In your role, you will have the responsibility to oversee State Street's client trade activity settling through the Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC) and the Federal Reserve. You will be the liaison between our clients and the market depositories, providing timely settlements. You will also oversee a number of other products and services that are important to our clients, such as physical securities processing. You will collaborate with members of the management team on operational strategic initiatives, advocating for our clients and leveraging our expertise to drive market strategy in an increasingly complex regulatory and industry landscape.
We welcome you to join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- You will participate in projects by collaborating across the Operations team and other internal partners to achieve outcomes.
- You will collaborate with colleagues to maintain service level agreements and achieve client team and business unit goals.
- You will be responsible for understanding and maintaining operational procedures.
- You will develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external operational and client service groups as well as custodians.
- You will Monitor intra-day activity and system connectivity along with the troubleshooting and appropriate escalation for any issues that may occur.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- You demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem obtain and evaluate information and make informed decisions
- You have the ability to work independently and show initiative when needed.
- You have the ability to work in dynamic environment and to tight deadlines.
- You have strong communication and analytical skills
- You have the ability to effectively handle changing priorities and deadlines.
- You are comfortable working in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- College or University designation preferably with a concentration in finance business economics or accounting or equivalent work experience.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- $52,000 - $75,400 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.