Tax Intern - Summer 2023 Opportunities - The Bahamas
- Nassau - BHS
- Not disclosed
- 06 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Tax, Trainee accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Internship
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY Campus Superday Event – Friday, December 16th 2022
We are excited to be hosting our annual EY Campus Superday event by island across the Bahamas, Bermuda, and Cayman Islands (BBC) region on Friday, December 16th, 2022 from 10am-1pm EST. This is an exciting chance to network with EY professionals, learn more about opportunities with our firm, and formally interview for 2023 summer intern and fulltime/graduate positions! To confirm your interest in attending, please reach out to us on: email@example.com. You must be Bahamian, Spouse of a Bahamian or a Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) holder to attend.
We are currently seeking Tax intern applications for our summer 2023 internship program in the Bahamas. The work you will do as part of our Tax practice is fascinating, complex and technically challenging. In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions.
Our Diversified Staff Group model is all about providing our people with the skills, information and knowledge to take on some of the biggest challenges in taxation. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to spend time in a wide range of Tax service areas, covering everything from business, international, state and local, and transactions tax, to global compliance and reporting. You can expect to develop a unique insight into our business, where you’ll build a network of relationships in an area that influences major business decisions every day. As the team continues to grow, so will you, and over time, you will become a well-rounded tax professional with broad experience in multiple areas of tax.
You will spend a large portion of your time directly engaged in complex compliance projects for our clients. This will be balanced with research, planning, and meetings with senior colleagues. EY have differentially invested in an industry structure that focuses on financial services through our Financial Services Organization (FSO). Candidates joining the FSO will focus exclusively in financial services and will have opportunities to serve leading investment banks, retail and commercial banks, insurers and investment managers. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. Whichever you choose, you’ll find no shortage of opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities while discovering and developing your strengths and ambitions.
Your key responsibilities
- Handling and supporting a wide variety of tax compliance processes
- Assisting with tax due diligence on behalf of a private equity firm
- Preparing tax returns for large, international clients
- Working with audit teams to determine whether tax accounts are appropriate for financial statements
- Researching tax code and writing memos for clients
- Improving the tax effectiveness of supply chain structures
- Developing and utilizing a diverse network of colleagues across the business
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Or be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting or business related field, with a strong academic record, including course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- A plan for completing the US CPA exams, or another designation that EY deems relevant to Tax service offerings
- The ability and willingness to work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of a professional working environment
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
Bahamian / Spouse of a Bahamian / Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) status
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlements, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
What you can expect
- Successful candidates will be contacted by a member of our Talent Attraction & Acquisition team to discuss their application status.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.