Direct Tax Senior Officer
- Alter Domus
- Birkirkara, MT
- Customised compensation structure
- 06 Jan 2023
- 06 Feb 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Financial analyst, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
For our Corporate Services Department in Department in Malta, we are currently looking for a DIRECT TAX SENIOR OFFICER. We offer a dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
- Assisting corporates, investment firms and individuals with the process of tax registration;
- Providing advisory support to clients at the initial stages of set up and on an ongoing basis;
- Participate in clients meetings including board meetings to provide the support that may be required from a taxation perspective;
- Preparation and review of income tax returns of both local and international clients;
- Preparation and review of any tax filings;
- Managing statutory filings with the Commission For Revenue;
- Keeping abreast with direct tax developments;
- Preparations and Delivery of Direct Tax training to the internal accounting teams;
- Assist with the preparation of tax reports and tax projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and / or relevant accounting experience;
- ACCA or equivalent certification would be appreciated (we will support continuation of studies if part qualified);
- Have a good knowledge of the Maltese Income Tax System;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Strong motivation to work in a challenging and dynamic environment;
- Possess and flexible and hand-on approach;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines under pressure, while maintaining close attention to detail;
- Be well organized and have good planning skills;
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under own initiative;
- Team player with a positive ‘can do attitude’;
- Self-motivated, mature and looking to develop in an environment which is full of opportunities for growth and career advancement;
Our recruiting process, like your entire career, is considered a shared responsibility. During interviews you will have the possibility to discover the company and your future colleagues. We will seize the opportunity to know you better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.