IFRS 17 Senior Associate
PricewaterhouseCoopers provides industry focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value for its clients and their stakeholders. More than 328,000 people in 152 countries across our network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice. Joining PwC Malta means joining this global network of firms.
You will work on accounting change engagements, primarily within the insurance sector. Insurers are experiencing unprecedented change through the impact of IFRS 17, the new accounting standard for measuring insurance contracts. You will have knowledge of mainly non-life insurance accounting and be a good all round team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude. This provides an excellent opportunity for strong candidates to broaden their experience.
A career within this team, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to more established entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach and given local GAAP will all prepare their financial statements in accordance with IFRS (EU).
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a multi disciplinary team of problem solvers with extensive consulting, assurance and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Proactively assist the Managers in the management of a portfolio of clients, while executing the work and reporting to the Managers and above
Perform the work assigned within set time frames and maintain adequate documentation
Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
Assist in the development of strategies to solve complex technical challenges
Assist in the management and delivering of interesting projects
Provide support and training to junior members of the team
Keep up to date with IFRS developments
Continue to develop internal relationships and your personal brand
Joining our team as a Senior Associate, we would expect you to have experience of change projects, preferably within a consulting environment. FS sector experience is essential.
We require a Senior Associate who has the following technical skills and experience:
• An ACCA
• 3 years of relevant experience
• Financial services experience, specifically Insurance
• An understanding of standard Finance systems
• Experience of working in teams within Finance transformation projects
• An understanding of IFRS.
• Able to work on own initiative, handle unrelated, non-routine jobs
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Desirable skills & experience
• Experience of the impact of regulations on finance in FS
• Candidates would ideally have exposure to IFRS 17
• Basic understanding of data architecture, data management, chart of accounts design
• Previous experience in a senior role gained from within a finance department. Preference will be given to candidates with well demonstrated external consulting experience.
Kindly note that we can consider candidates with a minimum of 9 ACCA papers, if applying for an entry senior role.