Senior Associate, Audit - Cheltenham
- Michael Page
- Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- £40000 - £48000 per annum
- 03 Jan 2023
- 02 Feb 2023
- JN -032022-5407685
- Callum Panton
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Acting as a first point of contact for both clients and Junior members of the team. Performing an exemplary external audit service for a varied client base.
The client is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. They also posses one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
Investment in there people is at the heart of everything they do. During your employment you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career.
- Coaching junior members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the Firm's audit methodology.
- Acting as the first point of contact for our clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Assisting in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, providing solutions and seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different types of risk; understanding the Firm's approach and policies for managing risk, in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules and following policies.
- Producing work for the Manager and/or Partner review, clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Demonstrating Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities.
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client's business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Audit Findings Reports to be provided to the client.
- Although the majority of your time will be spent servicing clients in Cheltenham, at times, there is a requirement to support our other UK offices.
- Acting as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm's risk management policies at all times.
- Delivering work to the highest quality.
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP accounting fundamentals and applications; proficient in basic technical techniques (valuations, modelling, spreadsheets).
- Able to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- The ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients' sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
A competitive base salary of 35-48k.
22 days annual leave
Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Parking on site
Clear careers progression