Group Finance Manager
- Michael Page
- Hampshire, Basingstoke / Reading, Berkshire / Berkshire, Newbury
- £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, pension, healthcare
- 02 Jan 2023
- 30 Jan 2023
- JN -112022-5836143
- Josh MacDonnell
- Job role
- Finance manager
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
The Group Finance Manager is responsible for preparing the group's monthly management reporting, providing critical support to the Group Financial Controller and developing the Group Assistant Accountant.
A Blue Chip, multinational Technology company with a fantastic reputation for being an employer of choice.
- Produce the consolidated month end reporting and analysis.
- Produce statutory accounts for 4 UK holding and 1 UK trading companies and ensure auditor sign off within group deadlines.
- Oversee accounting for two companies in Sweden (monthly reporting, statutory accounts and regular transactions).
- Ensure monthly timetable is adhered to and deadlines are achieved.
- Identify and implement improvements to existing reporting processes.
- Assess group accounting for specific transactions and ensure compliance with IFRS.
- Review of entity results to ensure good understanding of movements.
- Upload and review of results for French group and calculation of associated acquisition accounting entries.
- Establish, and update as necessary, accounting policies.
- Act as a source of technical guidance to regional Finance Directors and their staff.
- Support the Group Financial Controller to ensure quarterly and annual audits run smoothly and no audit adjustments are required.
- Act as a key contact for Group Finance colleagues in Japan.
- Involvement in budget & forecast processes including: Intercompany sales, group consolidation and balance sheet/cash flow preparation.
- Assistance in ongoing support for consolidation tool (Tagetik).
- Manage and develop one direct report (Group Assistant Accountant).
- Ad hoc projects.
ACA or other recognized professional qualification
Time spent working for mid to large tier accounting firm
Experience of working in a pressured environment
Ability to interact at senior management and Board level
Strong systems/process background; knowledge of Tagetik would be highly favored
English speaker; Japanese and French language skills would be a bonus but are not required
Leadership & Motivation Skills
Communication, Team-working & Interpersonal Skills
£60,000 - £70,000 PA
2 days per week Hybrid.