Executive Assistant, Tax - Thames Valley
- Thames Valley
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 30 Dec 2022
- 30 Jan 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Purpose of the role
To provide a full administration function to the Tax Business Unit to minimise any admin time incurred by the tax department’s professional staff, efficiently facilitate the smooth running of the department and pro-actively support the wider administrative function for the Firm when necessary. This will include in particular supporting the admin team with reception cover as needed but generally approx. 10 hour per week.
- Typing: correspondence (including a large number of mail merges) – adhering to the firms branding and meeting high standards.
- Co-ordination of tax return information: preparation and follow up of standard letters requesting tax return information and follow up.
- Arranging both internal and external meetings of the tax department as required and preparation, typing and circulation of minutes if and when required.
- Event / course organisation: co-ordination of tax events including departmental lunches/dinners and training courses. Diary Management for the team.
- Preparation and production of PowerPoint slides for use in presentations undertaken by the tax department.
- Maintenance of the tax department library including ordering books as requested by the tax director or tax partner.
- Incoming post: scan, distribute, log onto Alpha tax or CCH. Outgoing post: authorisation, signing, filing on u-drive and posting of outgoing correspondence.
- Filing on document management system (m-files) – including telephone notes, letters & attachments, fee notes and associated documents and client emails.
- Billing: Production of PMS billing reports as required, sending department client bills and printing and typing of covering letters.
- Proactive administration relating to new client procedures – KYC procedures, generating new client forms, engagement letters, 64-8 forms and associated paper work, transfer of work from electronic prospect folders to client folders.
- Production of reports as directed on the status of the progress of tax returns and tax payments for the department. Reports to highlight late work flows and bringing this to the attention of fee earners.
- Ad hoc admin projects i.e. engagement letters.
- Fee Protection insurance: - Maintenance of the internal records of clients who have opted for fee protection insurance and management of the associated administration process.
- Updating internal systems with clients’ updated information, e.g., change of address, telephone numbers etc.
- Finalising and amending letters and arranging for them to be signed.
- Gain an understanding of the Tax function, processes and roles within the department to enable a pro-active approach to your role, adding value and increasing efficiency.
- Additional Duties as reasonably required to provide admin support to other areas of the business. In particular supporting on reception as and when required – but expected to be around 10 hours per week and potentially more during admin team holiday periods.
- Being a good ambassador of the firm in attitude and appearance.
Reception Main Duties
- Switchboard – efficiently and accurately processing calls and messages.
- Ensuring that the reception is a clean, tidy and pleasant environment – reflecting the firm’s standards.
- Meeting room and facilities management and booking ideally using the electronic booking system. This will include (in liaison with the Office Administrator) responsibility for
- tidying up meeting rooms after all meetings so they are in a clean and tidy state for the next meeting;
- replenishing pads and pens in meeting rooms (bearing in mind that visitors taking our pens is good advertising)
- preparing meeting rooms for external and internal meetings and seminars (e.g. Quarterly Office Meetings, CPD courses, Xmas drinks, department training etc) and tidying up afterwards. To include setting out chairs and catering as requested by organizer for seminars, setting up AV, setting out flip charts and pens and other required equipment.
- Check requirements for client visits with the host if not provided at time of booking (i.e. parking places needed? Drinks in room?). Liaise with the Office Administrator to place water and glasses in meeting rooms for clients, etc.
- Communication - The ability to speak and write so as to be clearly understood by others, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar and style.
- Initiative – The willingness to move things forward by taking action without needing to be asked and without undue escalation.
- Adaptability – The ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change.
- Listening & Responding – The ability to accurately listen to others, understand their feelings, needs and points of view and then to respond appropriately.
- Customer Orientation – The ability to recognise both internal and external customers and the willingness to co-operate with them fully in order to help them achieve their objectives.
- Self Confidence – The ability to make a positive impact and to maintain a credible position with others on an ongoing basis.
- Achievement Orientation – The determination to set oneself and meet high standards, exceeding norms and expectations.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.