Accounting & Business Advisory Assistant
- Hull, Yorkshire, UK
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 29 Dec 2022
- 29 Jan 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified
Overall job purpose
Included within the Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) department sits our management accounts team where we are responsible for the preparation of management accounts for SME clients. The purpose of the role will be to assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts. The successful candidate will also need to be able to prepare year end statutory accounts.
- Prepare accounts under supervision to required standard to ensure files are prepared and documented with sufficient evidence for review.
- To complete iXBRL tagging of financial statements for online filing with corporation tax returns.
- Produce account analysis and control account reconciliation schedules for inclusion on the assignment file which agree to the financial statements as requested by the AFR manual, assignment Supervisor or Manager.
- To prepare good quality files for the supervisor/manager’s review
- To treat client staff with respect and courtesy, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure quality at all times as directed by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Carry out duties assigned by the Supervisor/Manager efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Maintain contact with the Supervisor/Manager ensuring they are fully informed of findings arising from the work undertaken, so that any problems can be satisfactorily resolved.
- Clear all review points raised on the work prior to files being passed to managers.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required
- Recognise when information provided by the client is incomplete and inaccurate and take steps to rectify this
- Ensure that timescales and deadlines set down are achieved, seeking advice regarding the resolution of issues and problems as appropriate
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- A trainee studying AAT/ACA/ACCA
- A minimum of one years’ experience within an Accountancy Practice and/or similar role
- Work experience gained in a client or customer facing environment would be advantageous
- Excel (required)
- Sage/ Xero (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with people at all levels
- Enthusiastic – keen to develop
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Thorough, flexible, resilient and persevering