Associate - Finance (Purchase to Pay) (P2P)
- PwC Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur
- Competitive salary
- 28 Dec 2022
- 28 Jan 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounts payable/receivable, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the desired candidate is expected to have good self-motivation, attention to detail, result oriented and good interpersonal and communication skills. This is an internal support role.
- Process expense claims received from staff
- Involved in daily tasks such as supplier invoice verification and recording, as well as payment processing
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance to query resolution within stipulated SLA
- Maintenance and enforcement of accounts payable and expense policies, processes and procedures
- Produce reports to assist management with monitoring / decision making
- Resolve queries both internally and externally relating to expense claims, including liaising with IT or other support functions as necessary
- Engage and educate clients on SOPs to ensure a positive client experience
- Support the team lead with system implementation and/or system and process improvement requirements as required
- Collaborate with the other finance functions for month-end closing
- Undertake ad-hoc assignments from accounts payable and expense claims perspectives as directed by the management from time to time
- Collaborate with and support other functions within Finance as needed, and perform other duties as assigned /ad-hoc tasks to support relevant and related business requirements
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Fresh graduates with a Degree / Diploma in Accounting or related professional qualifications
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in the use accounting software and applications, as well as Microsoft Office programs and G Suite
- Good accounting knowledge
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail, affinity for critical thinking, problem-solving and hands-on execution
- Fast learner and committed to get the job done
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud and/or data analytics skills is an added advantage
- This role will be on a six contract and the contract can be extended or converted to permanent based on performance
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.