Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer (Hybrid)
Who we are looking for
To be part of the AIS Hedge Quality Assurance (QA) and Corporate Regulatory Reporting Team. The QA function supports the AIS Hedge Fund Accounting (NAV) and Investor Services (IS) teams by (a) Providing technical accounting support and (b) Continually assessing and developing key processes across AIS Hedge NAV and IS teams through fund reviews and project work. The Regulatory Reporting function is responsible for the completion and submission of a variety of Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) Returns. Experience of working in Regulatory Reporting capacity would be beneficial as would Financial Reporting experience. The Team is based across different locations, Dublin, Drogheda and Naas and flexible working arrangements are being used across the Team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an Officer in the QA and Corporate Regulatory Reporting Team you will:
CBI Regulatory Reporting
- Prepare and analyze Regulatory Returns in accordance with relevant Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) requirements for alternative investment funds (Hedge, Private Equity, and Real Estate funds)
- Ensure that all documentation used to calculate and support returns is received and is accurate. Research, resolve or escalate issues as applicable.
- Maintain and update monthly Trackers which provides the status of the reviews on each return.
- Be willing to take ownership of problems and have the ability to communicate with Fund Accounting and Investor Services teams and other colleagues at all levels.
- Assist Team management on various ad hoc projects.
- When requested, review fund governing document reviews as part of onboarding new business.
- Update the internal First NAV database which tracks all upcoming First NAV reviews.
- Review the first dealing NAV of all applicable new IFS business.
- Provide oversight for release of NAV by Fund Accounting teams in outsourced locations, in accordance with CBI outsourcing requirements.
- Update the Monthly List of Outsourced Funds ensuring all completed reviews are tracked in it.
- Complete review of and log new first time pricing breaches. Assist Fund Accounting teams with the logging of price breaches.
- Assist with the implementation and delivery of fund accounting projects for QA and senior management.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to manage regular monthly/quarterly deadlines and expectations of others
- Ability to review work of other staff and provide feedback.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and offer solutions
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field
- 5 plus years of related experience, in particular servicing alternative investment funds and regulatory reporting experience
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified, an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.