Financial Services - FAAS Insurance - Market Facing Director - London
- London, UK
- Competitive remuneration package
- 09 Dec 2022
- 12 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Audit, CFO, Compliance/risk, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Within EY, CFO Advisory (“CFOA”) operates across a global network and the UK has dedicated team focussing on Financial Services clients. CFOA focusses on delivering the key aspects of a Financial Services CFO’s agenda across Compliance (implementing new accounting requirements and regulations), Controls, Cognition (improving insight), and Cost.
There is an opportunity to join CFOA team to help lead our efforts with Banking and Capital Markets (“BCM”) clients.
We are looking for a senior member of the team, a Market Facing Director, to sell and lead delivery of projects to help our BCM clients improve and overcome any issues. While we typically work with our clients’ Finance functions, we may work with any area of the client.
Our clients are varied, running the entire the spectrum from the largest global banks to entrepreneurial start-ups / fintechs. They are dealing with topics that are varied and frequently changing, ensuring you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and help us to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Your specific role will be focused on advising Finance functions on either:
- What “good looks like” across the key Finance function operating model, including: process & controls, policy completeness and application, data flow and systems architecture, organisation structure and personnel skill sets required.
- Driving Finance transformation across process, cost, and control improvements
- Leveraging new technology to implement the “Finance of the Future”
This could be in the context of uplifting the quality of a Finance function, or implementation of new accounting or regulatory requirements.
As a senior member of the team, your responsibilities will cover all important areas of the CFOA team, including:
- Designing and executing marketing activities, covering both solution development and account coverage
- Delivery of client engagements, ensuring robust quality, management of teams, and stakeholder management
- Risk management of all activities
- Team operations and account management
- People and pastoral care
- Development of CFOA delivery model
- High-level team strategy and innovation
Skills and attributes for success
- Deep knowledge of BCM Finance Functions, across different dimensions of the operating model
- Ability to assist clients through the provision of advice, the delivery of implementation projects, investigation and resolution of accounting and regulatory issues;
- Ability to cultivate and leverage a large network within EY, enabling you to deliver the best of the firm to clients
- Team leader and motivator
- Function as a self-starter and be results-driven;
- Relationship cultivation and stakeholder management to broaden and deepen our relationships with our clients, specifically with the Finance Function;
- A drive to learn and develop across a range of topics;
- ability to manage and lead teams on projects and work with other Advisory and Assurance teams to deliver high quality client service;
To qualify for the role you must have:
- 10+ years of experience in the BCM sector, in a capacity of Auditor/Consultant and/or working within industry, preferably in the Finance function;
- A proven track record of business development and client engagement for a large, complex Management Consultancy or similar
- Significant exposure to Finance functions at financial corporate institutions – e.g. what they produce, policy, procedures and controls
- A strong accounting background;
- An ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients
- Excellent communication skills and good technology skills across basic Office applications and products;
Ideally, you’ll also have;
- Accounting qualifications: ACA/CA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent
- Exposure to banking regulations and how they impact BCM clients
- An interest in developing technologies and how they can impact our clients (eg, Cloud computing);
What we look for:
We are looking for candidates who are excited about advising BCM clients and whom have the right experience. You will be part of high performing teams and have the interest in helping generate new business opportunities.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.