Associate Consultant, Market Risk
- Northern Trust
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- 09 Dec 2022
- 09 Jan 2023
- Job role
- Business analyst, Compliance/risk, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Market/Counterparty Risk modelling team , is a key member of the Risk Modelling Team Responsible for acting as an individual contributor in the development and maintenance of high quality risk analytics for Market Risk modelling and Counterparty Credit Risk Modelling. Resolves complex issues in Risk system, enhancement in quantitative methodologies or other aspects of risk measurement.Job title: Associate Consultant
Experience: 4 to 6 years of relevant experience
- Responsible for Capital Market model development for bank’s trading derivative products (FX and Interest Rate Derivative), and securities lending portfolio including equities. Fixed income and securitized issues. Ensures regular production of analytical work. Development of daily trading limit models , Initial Margin models for uncleared trades and Basel regulatory exposure calculation tools (EAD). Collaborates with front office business partners, regulators, Audit Services, and other independent reviewers.
- Evaluates existing framework in relation to corporate objectives and industry leading practices. Assesses development needs and manages process to achieve desired future state.
- Supports stress testing, capital quantification and/or internal capital allocation methodologies. Ensures that modelling approaches meet both internal corporate needs and regulatory requirements related to prevailing regulatory guidance.
- Provides technical/theoretical inputs to resolve risk issues and enhance overall risk framework. Works with other risk or business unit teams to ensure that risk management policies/processes and quantitative modelling approaches are consistent.
- Provides communication and training efforts to promote understanding of risk measurement throughout the company
- Operates independently; has knowledge of banking balance sheets and income statements.
- Conducts analysis, independently ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for interaction with different committees and/or senior management.
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within Risk Management for specific product(s).
- Master in Statistics/Economics/Mathematics/advanced degree in quant area
- Or B.tech. From tier 1 college with MBA in related field
- 4-6 years of hands on market/counterparty quantitative risk related experience
- Strong conceptual and technical knowledge of risk concepts and quantitative modelling techniques including familiarity with statistical concepts used in stress testing Strong in quantitative skills – experience in model validation a plus
- Experience in Python, SAS, advanced Excel techniques and VBA programming. Python is preferred
- Experience in building stochastic process pricing models, and Monte Carlo Simulation models.
- Strong regulatory understanding for banking capital review rule, market risk rules, and model risk compliance, such as BASEL, CCAR, SR11/7 etc.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural and global environment
- Related Industry qualification (e.g., CFA, FRM) a plus
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.