Business Integration, Vice-President
Who we are looking for
This position supports the Private Markets Business Units (PERA & Hedge) within State Street’s Alternative Investment Solutions Division (AIS) through the participation in new business onboarding which is related to the advancement of the risk and compliance agenda for AIS. Working with the Chief Administrative Office team (CAO) within AIS, the incumbent is responsible for supporting client teams in all locations servicing private equity and real estate funds.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Integration VP you will:
- Manage and oversee the onboarding of numerous customers (fund/entity) from notification to contract execution
- Facilitate the collection and processing of all related information and documentation required to onboard a new customer (fund/entity) onto State Street’s platforms.
- Develop strong relationship with specific clients; act as point of contact for onboarding related tasks/questions
- Works closely with business/deal initiator as it relates to the launch of new funds
- Review entity constitutive documents (formation/incorporation documents; Offering Memorandum; Partnership Agreements, Contractual/Fee Agreements, etc.) to obtain all relevant information for establishment of entities on the respective systems.
- Coordinates overall project communications, risks, and issues resolution.
- Coordinates communication with applicable parties; Client, Relationship Manager, deal team and Business leads concerning the onboarding status and issues.
- Clearly communicates both verbally and in written format.
- Escalate to all stakeholders to ensure timely onboarding of new entities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitates a collaborative solution
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Proven client service experience
- Proven project management experience within financial services or compliance field
- Demonstrated negotiation, managerial and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated commitment, reliability and performance at the Manager level or equivalent.
- Proven track record in applying company internal controls and policies
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships within and outside of the organization
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills
- Organized, highly motivated, and detail oriented
- Meet all requirements for performance planning process including goal setting and self-evaluations
- Participate in required and optional training
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Equivalent to a degree in Business, Accounting, compliance or related field
- Solid financial services experience
- Knowledge of AML/KYC policies a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.