Firmwide Regulatory Reporting & Analysis (FRRA) – Regulatory Reporting – Associate [Warsaw]
- J.P. Morgan
- Warszawa, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 08 Dec 2022
- 05 Jan 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
We are a Global, centralized, scalable and sustainable reporting and analytics team in the Finance organization. We focus on Data Integrity, completeness, accuracy and report preparation for the various regulators in each country and provide production oversight to measure progress and continuously improve our end product.
External Reporting is at the core of Reg reporting function and facilitates interaction with schedule owners, report owners, Line of Business (LOBs such as Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Consumer and Community Banking & Asset Management) and technology partners. As one enhances his/her expertise with data it opens up further opportunities to get into project management, business management and data analytics roles. Outside of the team there is a direct link to product control functions in each LOB, product owners (SME) or report owner roles in Corporate Finance.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you want to make an impact with your work while being supported by smart and motivated colleagues, come find your next opportunity with us. Thanks to our global reach, we can help you get where you want to go. Whether you sharpen your skills or gain something new, you’ll have experience that will give you the flexibility to move to another division or country if you choose to. Here, you’ll feel welcomed and valued. You’ll be a part of an extraordinary inclusive culture that draws on and develops the best talent.
- Preparation of financial information and production of reports for US regulators and several Central Banks in EMEA
- Analytical review and variance analysis of regulatory returns
- Coordinate data collection and quarterly business results with various lines of business, Regulatory Controllers and SEC reporting teams
- Assist in the thorough assessment of the issues and outcomes
- Clearly communicate financial information to the lines of businesses, and flag potential issues
- Participate in various aspects for the production, review and filing of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports for various regulatory agencies that are used by the regulators for compiling widely-used statistics on the levels of, and changes in, domestic and international portfolio positions.
- Adhere to various control procedures and edit checks to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Ensure accurate and complete data submission to the Regulators
- Support collection and landing of systemic and manual financial data sources into target reporting infrastructure
- Interpret and define regulatory and/or regulatory requirements and coordinate internal and external policies
- Establish and manage relationships with the line of business as well as with external regulatory agency constituents through ongoing partnership and dialogue
- Participate in continuous improvement effort around data quality review and external reporting improvement projects
- Collection and landing of systemic and manual financial data sources into target reporting infrastructure
- Support further development of the Regulatory Reporting infrastructure and IT tools
- Process analysis and automation
- Data visualisation and analytics
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluent English
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially in Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to interact with business partners independently
- Experience in Product Control, Financial Control or knowledge of SEC reporting/Reg reporting a plus
- MIS or Regulatory reporting background preferred
- Strong skills in time management, problem solving, written and oral communication
- Team player, with ability to work effectively across diverse functions, locations and businesses
- Extremely strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Agile project environment, Scrum methodology is an advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (dependant on specific assignment) is a plus:
- Practical expertise in programming skills (VBA, Python) or process automation software (Alteryx, Xceptor, UiPath)
- Familiarity with relational data bases (SQL) and ETL data processes
- Experience with data analytics and data visualisation techniques (Tableau)
- or willingness to learn any of the above
- High energy and enthusiasm; pro-active self-starter
- Judgement and integrity
- A team player and a very organized person
- Flexible attitude with a “can-do” approach
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College/University degree in Finance or similar field; CA/CFA/CPA/MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- MIS or Regulatory reporting background preferred
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.