Legal Entity Controller – Banking Team
Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2022, BNY Mellon had $45.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.3 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
This role is within the UK Legal Entity Controllers team and will be based in Manchester
The UK Legal Entity Controllers Team are involved in all aspects of Legal Entity reporting including statutory financial statements, internal reporting (to management and to the Boards) and local GAAP accounting. The remit of the team is oversight, analysis and communication around the legal entities assigned to them. The team is also responsible for managing the external audit process.
This analyst works closely with an assigned Legal Entity Controller (LEC) and would contribute to the following:
- Provision of oversight for the assigned legal entity. This includes being a point of contact for the entity from a Finance perspective
- Provision of financial analysis/insight on the assigned legal entities
- Communication of results and issues both verbally and in written form
- Coordination with audit (internal/external) and SOX teams as required by the LEC
Key responsibilities relate to the production and or review of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting in both local and US GAAP.
- Key contributor to the production of the annual financial statements process for assigned entities
- Partnership with and review of work produced by the offshore team
- Contribution to the centralised audit processes as allocated in year end audit (eg. Bank confirmations)
- Review and approval of daily reporting
- Contribution to monthly reporting:
- In partnership with the LEC oversight of results for certain legal entities over the month end close, escalate and assist in resolving issues.
- Review of variance analysis produced by offshore team to provide meaningful analysis of different aspects on the legal entity financials
- Review and approval of certain month end journals.
- Contribution to quarterly board pack reporting
- Reporting analysis produced for a variety of stakeholders including the board of directors, internal management and in support of the regulatory reporting process.
- Review of IFRS reconciliations for assigned legal entities
- Maintain SOX, ICFR, ICRR documentation as required by the LEC for assigned legal entities.
- Payment practice and permanence reporting, semi-annual scoping review.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
- Part / Newly Qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA), preferably with some audit and accounts preparation experience.
- Financial services and or banking experience preferred
- Exposure to Oracle general ledgers desirable
- Highly motivated, adaptable, flexible and proactive
- Strong communicator who is able to articulate key messages
- Ability to collaborate across Finance and the wider organisation
- Able to work in a complex global organisation
- Self-motivated individual who enjoys problem solving
- Good attention to detail
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.