Senior Internal Auditor (Financial Services)
Senior Internal Auditor
Grant Thornton is a global professional service network of more than 60,000 people in over 130 countries. Our team in Singapore is growing rapidly and we know this success is made possible by our people. That’s why we make sure our people have the right tools and environment to thrive.
Each individual at Grant Thornton Singapore is empowered to be themselves within an inclusive team. Our supportive structure gives our people the autonomy to shape their careers and drive positive change in the firm. It’s an exciting time to join us as we grow with organisations of all sizes and industries in Singapore, across the region and in the world.
The Business Risk team
Our team helps organisations tackle issues around governance, risk, and controls so that they can make strategic and risk-informed decisions. We support financial institutions and other businesses by conducting internal audits, assessing the effectiveness of their internal audit teams, reviewing internal controls, advising on regulatory compliance, and improving governance through enterprise risk management.
At the heart of our young and dynamic team is a growth mindset. The non-silo culture allows our team to openly bring up questions and ideas to the leaders. In turn, our leaders are dedicated to helping our team nurture their skills and grow in their careers. During peak periods, our team work closely together and support one another to bring value to clients in a timely manner. The team primarily works with clients in the financial services industry and projects may entail cross-border collaboration with other GT member firms and international travel.
In this role, you will work closely with the team to plan and execute projects and you will play a key role in the successful delivery of services to clients. You will gain experience in a great variety of work under the coaching of your leaders. As you grow and develop as a business risk professional, you will be given the autonomy to work independently and to guide junior members of the team. The seniority of role offered will be determined by relevant experience and skills.
- Conducting research on client background and key risks, including the applicable MAS regulations for financial institutions
- Developing the scope of review, propose tailored audit work program and time schedules
- Coordinating kick off meetings and other planning activities
- Performing interviews/workshops with key stakeholders/senior management and testing of complex areas
- Preparing written reports, organising closing meetings, wrapping up audit work files, and supporting in the closure of the engagement
- Providing guidance to junior team member, as required Supporting the building and maintaining of relationships with clients and assisting with business development
Qualifications and requirements
- Recognised Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related fields.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a risk and control and compliance position in a big public accounting firm or a commercial environment. Individuals with a background in external audits may also apply.
- Professional qualification (CPA, CA, CIA) is highly preferred but not a pre-requisite Technical knowledge of relevant business risk areas.
- Familiarity with the Financial Services industry is preferred. Ability to prioritise and work independently and as a team player Strong sense of accountability, good time management and project management skills
- Effective report writing skills, proficiency with MS Office, strong analytical and interpersonal skills Candidates with data analytics skills will have an advantage.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity firm where we celebrate what makes each individual unique. We are committed to nurturing our inclusive workplace. So, no matter where you are from, we invite you to discover more about us.