Client Change Manager, Vice President
Who we are looking for?
We’re looking for a Vice President (VP) for our UK location to successfully partner with both clients and colleagues to deliver change within agreed deadlines. The successful candidate will be required to interact with clients at a serior level, define and manage planning while ensuring affected stakeholders are kept aware of all issues/work in progress that may impact the quality of service being provided. The successful candidate will have a polished blend of both project management and client-facing experience. This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives clients and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
The VP Client Change Manager is responsible for ensuring clients receive the highest level of support across State Street. This a client facing role, working with the client at various levels of seniority, but also considerable internal project management responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with clients, third parties and colleagues ensuring they are kept aware of any developments affecting them with impact and empathy.
- Lead or attend client change forums or regular calls supporting the Client Managers.
- Ensure that change projects/programs are tracked to completion with satisfactory results.
- Monitor client change logs (ensure consistency, transparency, time spent and client billing is actioned).
- Lead/manage or act as an SME for client changes requests.
- Provide Management Information on projects to support the broader portfolio.
- Ensure the immediate line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact the quality of service being given.
- Monitor and comply with changes to the ‘Risk’ escalation chain including communicating amendments to stakeholders where needed.
- Lead cross-functional teams effectively within a matrix environment, and have the capacity to act as an effective line manager.
- Role model expected standards of personal and professional conduct, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to our culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ across the GD UK Client Service team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and support open discussion.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to face off with a client at various levels
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently to meet client deliverables
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of industry relevant experience and likely a background in either custody or general ledger accounting or audit experience
- Previous client service reporting experience
- Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP).
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- The ideal candidate will be a well-organized detailed oriented, analytical individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments and pressure while working efficiently to meet client deliverables
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.