Business Risk Management (Operational Risk), Vice President
Who we are looking for
Candidates will be experienced in sound risk management and governance practices within the Banking and/or Financial Services industry. They will partner across stakeholder groups to enhance risk, control and operational management capabilities, improve the efficacy of the control environment and better respond to regulatory guidance/mandates through the implementation of uniform governance and risk management practices.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities. The current remit of SSGD Business Risk Management (BRM) includes Assurance, Risk, Controls and Assessment activities, Business Continuity, Governance, Operational Risk Management and incident analysis, Compliance Program implementation, Risk Metrics, Event Management, Policy and regulatory change and Information Security.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Risk Manager you will
- Lead the Transfer Agency functional area within Global Delivery Business Risk Management (BRM) organization.
- Collaborate with Transfer Agency operational management team to steer and direct effective governance and management of operational risks within the first of line of defense (FLOD), ensuring prompt escalation of keys risks and control issues, devising and recommending solutions to mitigate and remediate risks outside of tolerance.
- Shape, implement and execute core risk initiatives and programs to materially reduce risks, strengthen and streamline the global process and control environment with a proactive focus on emerging risks, incident trends and root cause themes thereby enabling decisive and timely management response and mitigation.
- Continuously assess and propose opportunities to enhance risk management processes and controls improvement, and provide guidance to business on design and application of key controls, procedures and best practices.
- Manage and run effective Business Risk and Control governance forums in line with the governance framework. Partner with operational management teams to ensure that a structure is in place which incorporates management metrics to identity risk themes, provide actionable risk insights and reporting needed for informed and decisive data driven decision making.
- Implement and oversee strong risk management processes and frameworks in alignment with methodology and practices employed by GD globally. Coordinate on the implementation of, and adherence to, policies, procedures, guidelines and risk management practices defined and administered by GD BRM and associated partner groups (ERM, Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit, and Business Risk Management).
- Oversee and participate in audit, compliance and regulatory exam engagement.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Financial Services experience within operations, risk management and/or audit disciplines. Strong understanding of Transfer Agency is preferred but not essential.
- Ability to execute on goals and objectives under challenging circumstances and engender a true sense of urgency, pace and collaboration in a matrix managed organization.
- Proven experience of positive, constructive and challenging interactions with senior management.
- Collaborative and ability to influence, obtain buy in and drive implementation of decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to facilitate and resolve conflicts, make informed risk optimized decisions under time pressure, able to navigate and co-ordinate seamlessly across the global organization and bring people together to achieve business objectives.
- Analytical with high attention to detail. The successful candidate will demonstrate an aptitude for detailed analysis, trend identification and a propensity to be a change agent and drive issues toward resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate will possess the ability to articulate complex thoughts in a cogent, linear and method-driven manner and to assimilate information for senior executives concisely and appropriately for the situation at hand.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent.
- More than 10 years of experience in the financial services industry.