Corporate Secretarial Services Portfolio Manager (CAM)
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices.
This role requires substantial knowledge of Companies Act 2006 and the current trends in corporate secretarial space, dealing with a range of share-related transactions. It is suitable for fully/part qualified CGI company secretaries, looking for professional growth and progression.
Responsible for coordinating and allocating work to a team of Company Secretarial Specialists, Company Secretarial Assistants and Trainees (Job Bands 1-3). Required to be client facing, and will manage a portfolio of Company Secretarial clients as well as owning those client relationships. Minuting board meeting for the clients, establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with clients and other external parties is critical to the success of his role. Reviewing the work produced by job bands 1-3 before being sent to client/managers, ensuring TMF’s clients are provided with an efficient, professional and high-quality service which meets all statutory obligations is an essential part of the CAM’s role. Providing support, training and development to Bands 1-3.
- Managing and supporting annual compliance requirements;
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that all compliance reporting deadlines are met;
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients and internal/external stakeholders. Follow 'Our Service Promise’ delivery guidelines for relationship management;
- Responsible for coordination of board support within the portfolio, attending client board meetings and taking minutes as necessary;
- Performs daily work with high complexity as required;
- Will delegate tasks as appropriate to Company Secretarial Specialists, Assistants and Trainees to support with task completion, whilst having oversight and taking overall responsibility;
- Review the work of junior team members ensuring accuracy and providing timely feedback where needed (following a 4-eye principle);
- Provide guidance and support to junior team members (including on the job training) with complex company secretarial related queries and acting as a first point of escalation. Oversee their communication with third parties, stepping in as required;
- Provide technical support and guidance throughout the onboarding process;
- Provide support to the Internal Accounting team for billing, debt collection and WIP as required;
- Ensure clients are billed in accordance with the engagement including any out of scope work;
- Coordinate billing and other internal controls to ensure that they are conducted and observed;
- Maintain a focus on continuous improvement in the team, challenging the status quo. Lead and participate in company secretarial department projects;
- Escalates any concerns to Line Manager in a timely manner;
- Review leakage charge-out rates vs productivity on personal client portfolio and act accordingly;
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required for the role.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- A detailed knowledge of company secretarial transactions and annual compliance
- Confident in attending client board meetings and writing minutes
- Ability to own client relationship with high profile clients. Taking the point in managing both client expectations and compliance requirements.
- Uses appropriate company secretarial software effectively (such as Diligent Entities, Viewpoint);
- Excellent written and communication skills, with strong ability to plan and organise themselves and others.
- CGI qualification is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Able to articulate and communicate with clients in a concise and professional manner
- Fluency in English is required
What's in it for you?
- Private Medical insurance for self only
- 25 days plus public holidays
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Death in Service (Life Assurance) – 4 x salary
- Stakeholder pension scheme, under Auto-enrolment – Employee contributions matched up to 6% via Salary Exchange
- Interest-free Season ticket loan** – repayable over 12 months
- Eligibility for Group Discretionary Bonus Plan
- Cycle to Work scheme (via Salary Sacrifice) capped at £2000
- Technology hire purchase scheme**- you can sacrifice part of your salary to buy different types of technology (Tablets, laptops, desktop PCs and phones). Up to 12% can be saved on the price of some items
- Discounted gym memberships
- Lifestyle discounts – travel discounts, cinema tickets, high street vouchers are just some of the discounts you have access to when you shop online or in store
- Purchase additional holidays*** (up to 5 days for full time colleagues - pro-rated for part-time colleagues) through Salary Sacrifice
- Workplace savingwith CUSHON – set up an ISA, from £25 a month through payroll
- Payroll Giving scheme –donate to your chosen charity through payroll
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Free flu vaccination vouchers
Applications close: 27 Jan 2023 GMT Standard Time