HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
A Fund Accountant will be required to execute the following tasks within the fund accounting or NAV department. They shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Supervisor and Fund Accounting Manager. Reconciliation, trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing are an integral part of the Fund Accountant’s role. They will be required to perform these core tasks accurately and in a timely and efficient manner. Every Fund Accountant will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional, client-specific training will be provided by the NAV Supervisor.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Assist in the production of daily, weekly and monthly NAV, ensuring completion of specified tasks per NAV checklists
- Perform cash, position and market value reconciliations between HedgeServ, brokers and clients
- Identify and investigate break items on reconciliations in a timely manner
- Escalate fund accounting issues and aged items to the Fund Accounting Supervisor
- Ensure all positions are priced correctly
- Verify corporate actions to ensure accurate processing
- Prepare daily profit and loss reports and review for reasonableness
- Calculate and process income and expense accruals including fee calculations and trading accruals
- Comply with HedgeServ’s defined checklists, procedures and controls
- Assist in the audit process if required
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Converse and liaise with internal service departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues.
- Ensure pre agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently
- HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee, as such a Fund Accountant should be flexible and willing to adapt
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree
- Min. 2.2 honors degree
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA) is not required but would be an advantage.
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Reliable, dependable and committed
- Take ownership of designated tasks
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ