Treasury Associate Analyst
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Treasury India Finance is part of Global Treasury under the oversight of Chicago Onshore team. The Team is responsible for assisting and participating in monthly/quarterly reporting process, annual planning process, monthly/quarterly forecast process, analysis of assets under management. It functions within four clusters
1) Intraday Liquidity and Collateral Analysis, 2) Liquidity Stress Testing, 3) Securities Reporting and 4) Balance sheet and NII reporting.
These clusters are responsible for the measurement, coordination and oversight of the Corporation’s global liquidity position, including daily LCR, stress testing /contingent liquidity plans, resolution strategic liquidity analyses, intraday liquidity framework and the development and deployment of quantitative modeling approaches of balance sheet products to support the Corporation’s Interest Rate Risk measurement and profitability processes. Balance sheet cluster functions include mainly Corporation’s securities portfolio, net interest income, and the Treasury business unit. The right candidate will build the foundational understanding of how different products impact Global Treasury. The Treasury Analyst will also partner with Technology to improve processes and explore new reporting capabilities.
The Team is looking to add a Treasury Associate Analyst who will support and explore all the above said functions and responsibilities and within four clusters. The right candidate will build the foundational understanding of how different products impact Global Treasury. The position will also assist with preparing materials that support balance sheet executive strategies and with the enhancements to the Firm’s funds transfer pricing framework. The Treasury Analyst will also partner with Technology to improve processes and explore new reporting capabilities.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist in the monthly/quarterly/annual reporting process, preparing analyses and reports of results relative to prior year, prior month, and/or Plan focusing on key business factors driving financial performance.
- Provide clear and detailed explanations when an existing process fails, and provide suggestions on how to resolve issues when they occur.
- Work within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Be able to learn the NT systems and reports in a proficient manner.
- Follow the instructions and guidance from senior level.
- Ideally, the prospective candidate will benefit from having:
- Knowledge of global regulatory requirements and prior experience with Regulatory reporting preferred. Analytical and problem solving skills required to evaluate financial results.
- Creative thinker with excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Access skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, work independently while maintaining attention to detail and meet deadlines in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, innovative, and a self-starter and team player with a high level of initiative.
- Bachelor’s/Post Graduate Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting.
- 0-1 years of experience in a financial services background or company. RPM/Collateral Management reporting preferred.
- CFA/FRM certifications preferred.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.