- Bishop Fleming
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 08 Dec 2022
- 08 Jan 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Part time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We are looking to recruit an internal auditor to join our expanding Internal Risk and Compliance team.
Working in the Risk and Compliance team you will be involved in supporting the business as we grow. This is a varied role where no two days are the same! Splitting your time between working on day-to-day tasks and firm wide projects.
Ranked as one of the Top 5 Best Accounting Firms to Work For, you will play a pivotal role in one of the UK’s most forward thinking and progressive accountancy practices.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Planning and execution of compliance and regulatory audits, ensuring adherence to procedures and follow up action where required
- Working collaboratively across all teams to provide solutions to failings and embed practical procedures to mitigate risk
- Supporting the Risk & Compliance team with external reviews from our regulators
- Providing assistance with GDPR requirements. This will include dealing with breaches, process mapping, the updating of any policies and procedures and training as well as audits in this area
- Assisting with compliance of anti-money laundering regulations by monitoring, responding to employee queries, and providing any necessary training and support
- Supporting in updating standard letters and contracts
- Working on ad hoc projects throughout the year to improve the compliance function
What we are looking for…
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Experience of working within a professional services firm or internal audit function
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong organisation skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and to respond to issues quickly and calmly
- A proactive approach to work with strong prioritisation skills
Please contact Caroline Smale; Risk and Compliance Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.