The Accounts Assistant role involves assisting with the smooth running of the Purchase Ledger function and ensuring the provision of an effective payroll service. You will also be contributing to the maintenance of the School's financial and management accounting records.
This client is a British co-educational independent school for boarding and day pupils based in Winscombe, associated with the Religious Society of Friends. It is one of seven Quaker schools in England.
- Process purchase ledger invoices and staff expense claims using Sage Line 50 to ensure prompt and accurate payment on a fortnightly basis.
- Control an Imprest Petty Cash system, ensuring accurate record keeping and cash management.
- Complete a weekly cash flow forecast and extend the forecast as required
- Complete quarterly VAT returns
- Download daily bank statements, and process all receipts promptly to ensure accurate customer records are maintained.
- Perform bank reconciliations for all bank accounts held by the school.
- Assisting with the production of termly Management Accounts
- Production of monthly and termly Budget Reports according to monthly cycle and preparation schedule.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and posting monthly depreciation journals
- Liaising with external auditors during Year End audit
- Maintenance and reconciliation of termly balance sheet control accounts
- Maintaining accurate data regarding employee's salaries and additional payments
- Allocating and reconciling bookings for After-School Care, Holiday Club, Breakfast Club, and Sports Camp.
- Banking of non-fee cash and cheque receipts. Updating Bank mandates.
- Allocation and authorisation of credit card payments
- Conducting a Finance induction for new staff members.
- To produce accurate payroll data using Sage Payroll
- To administer pension forms from employees and liaise with the School's pension providers when required
- To develop knowledge of other work areas within the Finance function so that cover can be provided in times of sickness or other absence.
- AAT Part Qualified
- PC literate
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of management accounts production
- Understanding of fundamental accounting concepts
- Able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Experience of Sage Line 50
- An understanding of the business administration requirements within an education environment
- 210 hours paid holiday per annum with the opportunity to purchase an additional 70 hours' holiday per annum, or pro rata for part time appointments.
- Eligible for membership of the Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Remission of school fees subject to satisfying our standard Admissions criteria.
- Free on-site parking.
- Free school lunches are provided during term time in the Refectory.
- Free use of leisure and sporting facilities.