Senior Manager, BU Operations Finance
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
About the Team
In Financial Services, we support the Group’s strategy of building tomorrow’s bank today for our customers, through a focus on three key priorities of trust, resilience and capital generation.
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to specialist advice, support and services in finance, audit, treasury, property, procurement, climate strategy and investor relations.
Within Financial Services, Group Operations Finance, a team of ~50 finance professionals, is responsible for the provision of financial control and financial management services to the Chief Operations Office (COO), Support Units and Corporate Services (Property & Procurement).
Within Group Operations Finance our Operations Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and financial management services to the Operations divisions which has ~6000 FTE and a cost base of circa AUD $1 billion and is a key enabler of the Group Strategy.
We work closely with our stakeholders across the Group including Operations, Business Divisions, Group Finance and the Group Transformation Office to help them understand their operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
See yourself in our team
This role is primarily responsible in providing financial support to Business Unit Operations teams: Retail Operations (RO) or Business, Institutional and Market Operations (BIMO) areas. These teams provide back and middle office support for the Retail Banking, Business Banking and Institutional Banking units within Bank. The role will report directly to the Executive Manager, Business Unit Operations Finance.
You will partner closely with finance colleagues & leaders in:
- Delivering annual business plans and advice to drive Operations performance and strategy
- Forecasting – forecasts of Operations expenses through financial modelling and analysis
- Providing cost driver analysis, insights and recommendations
- Identifying productivity initiatives and strategies across a deep end-to-end understanding of Operations
Key duties will include:
- Co-ordination and delivery of key financial processes for this portfolio including performance reporting, forecasting and monthly financial control activities
- Financial modelling and analysis required to influence the business to make the most optimal financial, operational, and strategic decisions
- Instilling strong cost management disciplines and a commercial focus within Operations
- Delivery of insightful financial and business analysis to the relevant Business Unit Operations team’s leaders and Business Unit Finance stakeholders on the performance
- Building deep business knowledge and maintaining productive relationships with senior stakeholders within Operations, Financial Services and the Business divisions
- Actively leading process improvement, simplification and cross skilling within the Operations Finance team
We're interested in hearing from people who have
We are looking for an experience individuals (5 yrs+) that can make an immediate impact on the capability of the Operations Finance team and the quality of financial support we provide to Operations and the Business. This includes:
- Commercial, financial and/or management accounting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that makes the complex easy, and aligns financial outcomes to business narrative
- Proven track record of understanding industry trends and translating and linking to business outcomes
- The ability of bring colleagues on the journey and hold them accountable in delivering on time and to a high standard
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good understanding of financial control and risk management frameworks, and relevant accounting policies
- The ability to build positive working relationships with senior stakeholders across the Business, Operations and Finance
- The ability to work and prioritise in a dynamic, changing environment
- Data extraction, manipulation and presentation capabilities (BI); SQL and Tableau experience will be highly regarded; Advanced Excel skills required
- CA/CPA qualified
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 20/12/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.