Manager, Group Support Services Finance, Centre Finance
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, property and procurement
Group Operations Finance is part of the Financial Services Division and as well as supporting the Chief Operations Office, Property, Procurement and the Groups Support Units, is responsible for co-ordinating the Group’s long –ter approach to simplification and cost reduction.
Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) is part of Group Operations finance and partners with the senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Marketing, Strategy (including x15ventures), Risk, Human Resources and Legal functions. The GSSF team manages the end to end finance functions for these businesses, and collaborates regularly with other Business Unit and Group finance teams throughout the organisation. The team manages an annual P&L spend of ~$1.5b with direct engagement/exposure to ~40% of the Banks senior leadership team.
Your reporting lines
You will be reporting into the Senior Manager (Corporate Centre and Centre Finance), Group Support Services Finance
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing Corporate Centre: Your team will be responsible for managing the Corporate Centre financials, including monthly reporting, forecasting and financial control activities.
- Along with your Senior manager, you will be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of monthly, half-yearly and ad-hoc reporting activities (e.g. Support Unit forecasts) to the Group finance team, and will be the first point of contact for Group queries in relation to the Support Units.
- Your team will be responsible for consolidating and co-ordinating Support Unit results to the General Manager, GSSF and EGM, Group Operations finance.
- Your role will also include delivering insights and analysis on activities that are commons across Support Units, e.g IT expenses, redesigning reporting packs etc
- You will work with the wider GSSF team, to build a stong and vibrant team culture as well as the proactive identification and delivery of opportunities for business and process improvements.
- From time to time, you will also provide support to specific Support Units in a business partnering capacity, as required.
Your skills and experience
- CA / CPA/ Qualified
- Experience working in a large corporate environment, with demonstrated capability to overcome organisation hurdles
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and stakeholder management skills
- Enjoy solving complex business problems and comfortable managing ambiguous situations
- High degree of commercial acumen
- Excellent customer & continuous improvement focus
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 13/12/2022 For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.