Front Office Counterparty Risk - Associate / Vice President (London)
3228299 - Front Office Counterparty Risk - Associate / Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution.
Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
The candidate will work within the in business / front office risk team and is expected to be comfortable to lead tasks independently, including the following:
- Perform Initial Margin Calculation for all FI products as well as Commodities and Repos
- Be point of contact to explain Initial Margin calculation to both internal stakeholders (Sales & Trading) as well as hedge fund clients
- Provide oversight of the daily margin call dispute investigations and decide when to escalate to Management
- Provide oversight of the daily settlement fails investigations and decide when to escalate to Management
- Actively track the daily stress loss calculations and oversee the part of the team investigating material changes.
- Participate in LIVE trade approval processes & forums
- Participate in client on-boarding committees
- Assist in methodology and research related to risk models (e.g. stress testing, SIMM etc.)
- Ad Hoc risk analysis in response to market events, or in response to client related developments
- Master’s Degree at Financial Engineering / Mathematics / Applied Sciences
- Experience in a Counterparty Risk or Structuring, Strat, XVA, Credit Risk / Market Risk Analytics team
- Expert knowledge of Fixed Income products with a specialisation in Interest rates
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python) is a plus
- Willing and eager to learn and work with different teams and divisions of the Firm
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.